i'm trying to view DTV on my computer monitor .. need help/recommendation on analog to digital conve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaydiculous

Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
cali
so i have DTV service where i currently reside but don't want to ante up for a television at the moment. the receiver is a standard d12-700 that only offers s-video/composite & rca audio.

i'd like to be able to connect the video from the receiver to my monitor, but my monitor doesn't have any of those connections and my video card only accepts hdmi.

i'm assuming i need some type of converter as hdmi is digital and the other is analog. is this even possible? does anyone have any recommendation?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Try a google search, I am sure you will find something that will work.

2 suggestions,first maybe invest in a Slingbox Solo to sling from your receiver to your computer,second,TV's really aren't that expensive. I ordered a 32" Sceptre 1080p TV from Walmart for $215.00 plus tax. Either the first two suggestions,or upgrade your receiver to a HD receiver(what is your dish set up?).

raoul5788 said:
Sorry, did you feel I should find an answer for a question that could easily be found with a few keystrokes of your own?

If you were going to respond to the OP then, yes, you SHOULD have provided an answer or kept your comments to yourself. Some welcome to a new member!

If you have nothing useful to add why waste your time responding?!

To the OP... If cost is the issue, you will probably be able to pick up a TV for less than the gear you would need to convert the signal.

If you were going to respond to the OP then, yes, you SHOULD have provided an answer or kept your comments to yourself. Some welcome to a new member!

If you have nothing useful to add why waste your time responding?!

I am one of the Satguys that tries to help new members. Check back through my posts and you will see that I am often the first to respond to a first time poster and that I am generous with my knowledge, much of which I gained here. jaydiculous came here asking and virtually answering his own question. He clearly knows what he needs and is familiar with the technical side of it. A quick google search would find exactly what he is looking for, which is what I suggested. He got snarky with my answer. If I came across as uncooperative, then I'm sorry, but I won't retract my original answer. Horse and water you know.

chip is one of our most helpful members on the directv side and does it without any obligation to do so. if he knew the answer i'm sure he would've posted it.meaning he would've had to google it as well. seeing that RandallA has answered the OP's question (thank you) and the thread is going way off topic, this one is done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)