Help with Sling player and DTV. My remote no longer functions (and is grayed out).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, PVA: Professional Video Alliance
Original poster
Corporate Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 13, 2003
New England
Hi
I have been out of country for the month of June and now I find that my sling player on both my desktop PC and my laptop PC have no DTV remotes accessible.

I tried to re run the setup program and did not get any better results. I have deleted Slingplayer from my laptop and then ran the web version of the program. I can do have access to the DTV content and the remote control will popup but all the controls are grayed out.

I have a slingbox ProHD.

Help ! ??

TIA.

Gregg

I just tried my android phone...same thing....picture only with no controls available.

??

Hi Scott
I dont think so...they are still in the same location. I unplugged the connection and reseated it to ensure a good connection.

A way to test if the IR blaster is working is to use the camera on your cell phone, look at them while you are sending commands.

If you do not see any blinking lights there there is something wrong with the IR blaster or worse the Slingbox itself. :(

I just tried a "soft reset" by pressing the reset button. No change.

I cant send remote commands because the buttons on the DTV virtual remote are all grayed out.

I did a hard reset and now trying to reconfigure. The software is stating my slingbox is not designed to be used in the USA.
After calling tech support they are going to send me another unit for free. Great customer service certainly not in keeping with some of the terrible tech support I have read about.
I have had this box for 4 -5 years so I am very happy.

Gregg

Ill post again after I get the new box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)