IMPAKT Satellite Products is retiring from FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My order arrived today. The power cord was OK. The LNB was unmarked so ? The 150 foot roll of 2.8Ghz swept dual coax was rather "odd." It looked like the coil had been laying on the floor of a dirty warehouse for a long time. I never saw coax that was that dirty. No cuts or scrapes on the outside jacket, just real dirty.
I am sure it is OK and with the price as low as it was all will be OK. Just "odd" dirty.

Shipping is in-line with a 1.2m round steel dish. It is likely better packaged than a "consumer" grade unit.
<rant>
Just for a joke I put in my Canadian address, shipping doubled and added another $30 or so in brokerage fees etc. UPS is really nuts shipping cross-border.
</rant>
$78 shipping

I was fine with the $40 dish. the $78 shipping made me say no.

If you haven't already you might give them a call and ask them if that shipping amount is correct, their online calculator seems to be erring to the high side according to what Cham and I experienced.

Assembled the dish today. Very nice hardware and reflector! Think I should have purchased two LNBFs though, the dish came with a dual LNBF holder for 6 deg satellite spacing, perfect for 91 and 97, so might have to order another to complete the assembly as these feed horns are made to match the dish. Also the dish IS skewable.
Also came with a nice mast, might set it up on an NPRM I have already holding a 120cm dish if I don't install it on the HH120...
Anyway, a nice project to work on when I am not tied up with everything else...

While I don't have one of those dishes, here's a pic of the back of the dish from the Impakt ad.

satdish.jpg

Reactions: phlatwound
Installed the dish last night and tuned it up this am. Was rather unimpressed at first, could barely get a signal on 91W using 12010 V 13330 (ABC news feeds) as a beacon. Really nice having the elevation bolt to fine-tune though. Messed with the dish skew and got the signal up to 8dB but it was way off kilter from where it should be... then I realized the LNB skew can be adjusted... so I could skew the dish to where it should be at almost 90deg, then adjusted the LNB skew to get a bit more than 12dB CN, and it's heavy overcast here this am. Now I'm happy! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts