Important Clarification

Maybe if they checked how many customers already have multiple HD receivers it woud give them a clue. Then if they checked the percentage of TVs sold for Christmas that were HD they would learn some more.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
sucks for them I guess......This is why Bill Gates is the richest person in the world because he knows what he is doing unlike other people.
I guess you never had to manage a microsoft system bugggggggy

stuart628 said:
Play nice children, this isnt about whos right, whos wrong when it comes to forum members, this is for discussion of what dish is doing.

That's exactly right...it's about DISH being wrong...which they seem to be lately more often than not. :mad:

gmiller5028 said:
rdinkel - you are dish's biggest fan - do you work for them?

No. And never did. But I sure have invested lots of bucks into receiving their product! Living in the mountains of Colorado I have few other choices. I want them to succeed and improve their service to me--and everyone on this forum.

DWS44 said:
That's exactly right...it's about DISH being wrong...which they seem to be lately more often than not. :mad:

I have to break my code :) you are right :( like I said earlier, Sat companies have 18 months for me, I have a great deal through cable, so they better shape up, at first I praised dish network saying they have won a customer for a long time, but now I see I may have misspoken, thats too bad because I really really enjoyed the two room dvr!

rmoore3d said:
Maybe if they checked how many customers already have multiple HD receivers it woud give them a clue. Then if they checked the percentage of TVs sold for Christmas that were HD they would learn some more.

This is what i find strange about this whole thing, who at Dish is doing Product Marketing ? Were there any focus groups ? Were there any surveys or any market research done ? Besides asking Scott that is, which is at least something but not real research.

It seem they announce something and then see what happens, then they adjust their plans accordingly. Most marketing professionals would be fired if they did it this way, and why isn't the VP of Marketing and sales asking what market data backs up the plan. Totally mind boggling !!!!!!:(

On second thoughts, maybe they did the research and those affected are in the "tough s**t" market segment.

Last edited:
gbjbany said:
This is what i find strange about this whole thing, who at Dish is doing Product Marketing ? Were there any focus groups ? Were there any surveys or any market research done ? Besides asking Scott that is, which is at least something but not real research.
It seem they announce something and then see what happens, then they adjust their plans accordingly. Most marketing professionals would be fired if they did it this way, and why isn't the VP of Marketing and sales asking what market data backs up the plan. Totally mind boggling !!!!!!:(
On second thoughts, maybe they did the research and those affected are in the "tough s**t" market segment.
What I find so frustrating is that it would not have been that hard to do things right for the customers--which in turn would build loyalty good for the company. If I were Charlie, I would be firing or at least calling senior management onto the carpet over the way this is being mismanaged! Successful corporations do not put up with this type of nonsense. Bob!sadroll

mwgiii said:
I just wish they would be upfront with the upgrade. If they don't have the inventory needed to upgrade mulitple boxes, just say it.

Charlie claimed that he was going to take care of his current HD customers (who are the highest monthly revenue customers for Dish) and then drops this bomb on us.

1) only 1 MPEG4 receiver per account
2) turn in our owned HD receiver for a leased one
3) ban us from activating a MPEG2 HD receiver after Feb1.
4) increase HD PVR prices

This is going to cause a lot of customers to look at other options.

Rupert has to be smiling today.

Don't forget the increase in programming prices and increase in the additional outlet fee for HD receivers in addition to that increase in DVR fees. That is THREE, count them THREE price increases. AT60 +$3, DVR +$1, add'l HD +$1. There's $5 right there. Got AT120/180? Might be only $2 increase instead of $3 but many have multiple additional HD receivers or multiple DVR's.

I still do not understand the marketing stragety of the 1 MPEG4 receiver per year per household. To me this is bogus. Why is Dish restricting us to from watching more HD channels on more than one TV. If there is a shortage of receivers, please tell us that but do not give us treat us like dirt and say "just buy". This is insane that Dish did not think about the possibilibities of exisiting subscribers with more than 1 HDTV. If it turns out that this group is small then please upgrade them with equal amount of receivers. First rule, keep your current/existing customers happy because for every happy one, they will bring two or more. I really do no understand their ilogical ways of doing this. This is not only the problem. The problem also is that we (existing) customers who are currently paying the bill and supporting dish have to wait until april 1st to get the $99 upgrade for a lease receiver.

I am in no rush to upgrade...I had Voom but cancled (to much repeating content) I do have the HDPAK and I already recieve all the broadcast nets in HD via OTA...The ONLY channel that interest me is UHD and that is because BSG.

Still in all of this talk no one has said absolutly what the plan is for those that own their recievers. Does it make any sence to PAY E* 99 AND give them your 1000.00 921 or 699.00 942 just so you can lease?

Unless I am missing something....When it comse time for me to upgrade I will just buy the 622 and put the 942 into anther room.....

Does anyone see anything wrong with this logic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)