Important MPG4 LIL INFO!

Dumb queston. If switching channels takes soooooo long. Why not set up a dish 100 like channel for the HD locals.. Then you could switch between network channels quick and easy. ( i know its a dumb idea but just a thought)

I, for one, want both the LIL and OTA to be visible at the same time. One of my reasons for looking foward to the 622+Sat HD Locals is to expand my DVR options so that I can record a total of 3 HD Locals at the same time.

goaliebob99 said:
I thought this would be a no brainer for dish, but boy was I wrong. I called tonight because I couldnt get my LIL HD thats in the 6300 range to map down to 2-1, 5-1,7-1 ect. ect. so that way everytime I wanted to watch my LIL hd I didnt have to tune into the 6300 range.. Called up advanced tech support. I found out that dish is not mapping these channels for any LIL hd. I also put in a ticket for the 1 second freeze on the mpg4 channels as advanced tech could not tell me if that was normal for them... Allthough im thinking it is. I think if you have an MPG4 reciver and In fact are or will be getting LIL any time soon you need to call dish and Request that they map down LIL hd. The CSR (I know its coming from a csr) said that the reason why they cant and wont is because nobody has HDTV. I call Bullsh!t on that one.. So now Im urging you to climb into action and let dish know we want our channels mapped :) also its up to you to make that call but if you dont you are also making a statement by doing nothing :)

Personally I would rather them not MAP them myself, I get OTA HD and prefer to have LIL HD as a backup to my OTA HD.

juan said:
Dumb queston. If switching channels takes soooooo long. Why not set up a dish 100 like channel for the HD locals.. Then you could switch between network channels quick and easy. ( i know its a dumb idea but just a thought)
Because the Chan. 100 mosaic is actually a separate channel assembled at the uplink center.

You didn't really think an E* box could be capable of decoding SIX MPEG streams at once, did you?

n0qcu said:
This is just my opinion on how the maping of HD LIL will work.

It should work just like the maping does with the sd OTA locals and LIL.

You get either the HD lil OR OTA HD locals in the guide NOT both.
Do you really have 17 tuners in your home?

SimpleSimon said:
Because the Chan. 100 mosaic is actually a separate channel assembled at the uplink center.

You didn't really think an E* box could be capable of decoding SIX MPEG streams at once, did you?

Acutally if you look at the datastream with a DVB card you will see that the 6 channel moasic is 6 mpeg streams.

1 (one !) Video PID 7714 and 6 AUDIO PIDs 7715-7720 at 110W tp29 SID=100.
That means there are no 6 "mpeg streams", just one with the mosaic.

Actually, you didn't look well :), as the stream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts