"IMPORTANT NOTICE" ...prices...will be adjusted

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
Received mailer today.

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective with your March 2008 statement, the prices of some of our services will be adjusted. The adjustments reflect increases in programming costs..."(etc)

Need explanation of line items

The mailer for the price increases have these...

Services:

Digital/DVR/HD/HD DVR Smartbox & Remote, each 6.95
Digital Video Recorder service, each outlet 6.95
HD Digital Video Recorder service, each outlet 9.95

Value Packages

Digital cable/HD service 59.95

How much is Digital cable/ non-HD service ?

If you want digital service but don't use HD, But want an HDDVR (for the larger hard drive), which of the above (or others) do you need to order? What are the differences among them?

Digital cable and Digital cable with HD is the same (BHN does not charge more for HD unless you get the 'hd pack' which is what 8 bucks or so) HD box vs non-hd box are the same (maybe different for dvrs though im not sure off hand)

Digital cable and Digital cable with HD is the same (BHN does not charge more for HD unless you get the 'hd pack' which is what 8 bucks or so) HD box vs non-hd box are the same (maybe different for dvrs though im not sure off hand)
Huh? So, "If you want digital service but don't use HD, But want an HDDVR (for the larger hard drive), which of the above (or others) do you need to order? ..."

I'm not communicating...

Out of the things I listed...
Services:
Digital/DVR/HD/HD DVR Smartbox & Remote, each 6.95
Digital Video Recorder service, each outlet 6.95

Value Packages
quoted directly off the price sheet--which specifically do I order to get what I said?

Like I said order the HD DVR, its the same cost rather you want "hd channels" or not. Just tell them you want to order the HD DVR,

Wow, here we go again steve. Please look at what I wrote. Please look at what I wrote. Please look at what I wrote.

I am asking for exactly, precisely which of the lines listed I should order. You don't quote back the exact line. You just say "order the HD DVR." Do you not see that there are two different lines with HDDVR in them? Digital/DVR/HD/HD DVR Smartbox & Remote, each 6.95

So, since both of them say HDDVR, I have to have both? Or is the second line item above only if you want HD service? It doesn't say "HD Service"... it says "HD Digital Video Recorder service."

Sorry to be so dense, but please answer, "you need the lines that read: ________ and ___________."

It seems in Tampa the Regular DVR is 6.95 the HD DVR is 9.95 according to the website, so when you call just tell them you want the HDDVR and its 9.95 a month, if your doing it on the website order the 9.95 one.

All you need is the hd dvr. The hd dvr takes the place of the smartbox. And it comes with the remote. I have one and that is all you need. Hope this helps.
keith

Jcarrera - I thought you said you already have the HDDVR? Or do you just have the regular DVR?

I think we need to know what other services you have. I can't find the price sheet I just got. So i'll give you a guess?

The other prices I believe are for each additional outlet.

Oh wait, hold on...

According to the website, it says that the Digital cable/HD Service for 59.99 says it (includes one HD SmartBox). So you would have to use the Digital/DVR/HD/HD DVR Smartbox & Remote, each 6.95.

So just by reading the website, I would read this as it would be 59.99 plus the 6.95.

My specialty is RR side. Sorry couldn't be more help.

I do have the HDDVR. What I was trying to do was add up the lines on the price sheet to see if it totals less than my bill--which, as you know from a previous discussion here, does not itemize individual services--but lists only the package price. The package is supposed to be cheaper than the individuals. That is the reason I kept asking for the specific line(s) to be identified, but everyone just wanted to tell me the price.

Question: How much is Digital cable/ non-HD service ? Answer : 59.99

Question: If you want digital service but don't use HD, But want an HDDVR (for the larger hard drive), which of the above (or others) do you need to order?

Answer: You know how it's going to be, their going to tell you, that you have to have HD service to get the HDDVR. However, You should be able to get it simply with the 59.99 + 9.95

Digital Cable with HD Service 59.99
HD Digital Video Recorder (HD DVR) Service 9.95

I did not see any other way to get the hddvr cheaper.

Question: What are the differences among them?

Standard for 52.99 gets you channels 1-88 (?)
Standard w/Digital 59.99 Gets you channels 1-199(?) + Music channels

Dvr is a Dvr one has a larger hdd than the other as you already know.

The easiest way to figure that part out is goto the website and look at the channel lineup, or look at that card if it has a break down of all the channels.

Question: I am asking for exactly, precisely which of the lines listed I should order. You don't quote back the exact line. You just say "order the HD DVR." Do you not see that there are two different lines with HDDVR in them? Digital/DVR/HD/HD DVR Smartbox & Remote, each 6.95

Answer: If you goto their website, the 6.95 does not include HDDVR So you have to order BOTH the 6.95 and the 9.95 to get the HD-DVR
Answer2: To save money, go with the package of 59.99 + 9.95

Sadly, after looking at the price sheet, it looks like their is a misprint. They're going to love this when I point this out to them tomorrow. You can't get the HDDVR for 6.95. Of course, they'll spin on it and say that "you cant have the hd-dvr without having digital services, so thats why it was printed that way. So if you get an hd-dvr you have to have the 6.95 digital services to go along with the 9.95 hd-dvr"

...Digital/DVR/HD/HD DVR Smartbox & Remote, each 6.95
Yep, it sure looks to me like that says you get the HDDVR (althought they did put a <space> in there) for 6.95.

Also, I wish you would point out to them that some lines which say service are not talking about a service at all, but hardware.

Well, the word that I got about the 6.95 line for an hd-dvr is not a mis-print. It all depends on what package you have. IE: The higher the package you have, the greater the possibility to get the hddvr for 6.95.

I do not know how accurate that is. Your best bet is to call up and talk to a CSP and ask. They know the cable prices way better than I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts