Imus to be on RFD-TV, should Dish Network/Rotten Rupert be concerned?

Who actually listens to Imus?

He gets something like a .7 - 1.3 share

Even the people that replaced him on radio got higher ratings.

I just wonder what's going to happen to the Jimmy Sturr Show, not to mention those Porter Wagoner and Wilburn Brothers reruns.

I just wonder what's going to happen to the Jimmy Sturr Show, not to mention those Porter Wagoner and Wilburn Brothers reruns.

Since they want to go world wide, don't be surprised if RFD-TV changes their name to something like Smack-TV and start showing Star Trek TNG reruns, Japanese warrior challenges and WWE programming. Spike use to be a second rate station with 2 bit programming until they became spike. I forget what they use to call themselves. Now it's the powerhouse station that we all know and love today!!

Since they want to go world wide, don't be surprised if RFD-TV changes their name to something like Smack-TV and start showing Star Trek TNG reruns, Japanese warrior challenges and WWE programming. Spike use to be a second rate station with 2 bit programming until they became spike. I forget what they use to call themselves. Now it's the powerhouse station that we all know and love today!!

They were TNN. (The Nashville Network)

no no no. OXY became RFDTV. Spike Lee owns Spike and programs to wealthy urban professionals. It's in Branson MS. It was originally HMC.

And the 700 Club spun off CBN which begat The Family Channel who begat "FAM (for like 2 months)" who begat Fox Family who gave still birth to ABC Family which is anything but "Family", but so was FOX Family.

Anyone confused yet?

And the 700 Club spun off CBN which begat The Family Channel who begat "FAM (for like 2 months)" who begat Fox Family who gave still birth to ABC Family which is anything but "Family", but so was FOX Family.

Anyone confused yet?
LOL. It goes to show truth is funnier than fiction.

Imus and Gottsch (the CEO of RFDTV) are very old friends. I really do not care whether Imus is on or not - I know where the change channel is on my remote control. I do however think it is a questionable decision to have Imus in a network in a family friendly package. I do not watch RFD, but family fare has its place and if I were a parent of young kids and I have RFD unlocked, I would be more than a little annoyed to find the children watching Imus. Just as I thought it was incredibly inappropriate when ABC-Family showed Cruel Intentions. It had no place on that network.

Imus and Gottsch (the CEO of RFDTV) are very old friends. I really do not care whether Imus is on or not - I know where the change channel is on my remote control. I do however think it is a questionable decision to have Imus in a network in a family friendly package. I do not watch RFD, but family fare has its place and if I were a parent of young kids and I have RFD unlocked, I would be more than a little annoyed to find the children watching Imus. Just as I thought it was incredibly inappropriate when ABC-Family showed Cruel Intentions. It had no place on that network.
I don't agree about Imus. He's doing typical AM morning drive time radio in the largest city in the country. He happens to do it better than most but he's far from the raciest. Two morning shows in San Diego are much cruder than he ever was. And Howard Stern made him look like a 500 club show.

I don't know what his new show will be like but the old one was 80% political dialog and, 10% country music, 5% silly humor that has been known to be in poor taste and 5% non-fiction book authors, especially those that write about American history, an Imus passion. And he did his show all summer from his ranch in New Mexico that he and his wife run for kids with cancer.

However I absolutely respect your right to a different opinion. And paraphrasing what you said, everybody knows where the change channel button is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)