In case you are wondering what happened to HITN ....

JohnH

Godfather of the Uplink Reports
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
Kansas City, Missouri
Intelsat Americas 7(The former Telstar 7) satellite has failed.

Much of the C band traffic is moving to Intelsat Americas 13 at 121w.

HITN has not shown up there yet. This being a holiday weekend sunday it may take some time.

Yes, I heard about it. Yes, I verified it is not making any signals. Yes, HITN is not there on DISH Network or DirecTV. Many other channels have moved to IA 13 as verified by reception here.

Where did you hear it fell from the sky?

Found on FamilyNet's affiliate website:

***URGENT SATELLITE MOVE INSTRUCTIONS***

Dear Affiliates and Cable Partners:

The COO of Intelsat has declared Intelsat Americas 7 a loss. All C-Band customers are being moved immediately and permanently to Intelsat Americas 13 at 121° W longitude. Customers using transponder 22 will now move to transponder 6. Transponder 20 customers will remain on 20. To assist in your transition, our backhaul will remain unencrypted until Tuesday, November 30, 5:00 PM EST. The technical information for the backhaul is listed here.

Galaxy 4R Horizontal 99° W

Downlink (Sat) Frequency 3.786 GHz (gigahertz)

LNB Frequency 1364 (kilohertz)

Symbol Rate 5.000

FEC Rate 3/4

HITN is now back on DISH Network and DirecTV after having move to Intelsat Americas 13.

The info at Absat has been somewhat confirmed. One of the Ku muxes is now on Horizons 1.

Actually I went through and removed the uncalled for Comments.

Chad, lay off the spiked eggnog. (Or at least pass some around for everyone else) :D

No need for name calling. Thanks. :D

What all was on I7? I know E* used to use it for locals in PA, Glad they dont anymore :)

I take that means less space on 121? now for LIL with E as it appears that a lot of the stuff on 129 moved to 121.

That is an interesting question matt. I do believe Dish had a long term lease at 129. So no word on what this means for Dish. Also wasn't Starband using that Satellite as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)