IN Demand Reaches MLB EI Agreement

i would maybe say.. they need to get the same deal InDemand got.. it was good enough for them to agree to it.

Dish doesn't settle, nor should they!
Unless InDemand got the same deal that Direct got, then they settled. No way should Dish!

Unless Dish gets the EXACT same deal as Direct gets (which I am sure InDemand didn't get) then Dish shouldn't cave, period! If Dish doesn't carry it, they lose at most 55,000 subs? They will make that back within three months.

That is the Dish party line.

But why should Echo Star get the same deal? Last year it provided 55,000 MLB EI subscribers. DirecTV provided 270,000, and the cable providers added 230,000.

So why should MLB give Dish the same deal it is giving DirecTV -- or cable for that matter?

If Dish will provide the same carriage to the Baseball Channel and pay the same as inDemand agreed to for TBC and MLB-EI, let Dish join the party. But getting a comparable share of TBC? Why, in heaven's name should MLB cave on that?

MLB should not cut Dish any kind of a deal comparable to what DirecTV and cable got. Dish simply hasn't earned it.

If Dish Network does not get the Extra Innings package AND get the inane new Cardinals blackout in my area with FSN-Midwest removed, I will absolutely leave Dish Network on or before my 18 month committment with Dish ends (May 2008).

I will also downgrade my $100+ "Everything" subscription I currently pay monthly for Dish programming by $20 or $30 bucks a month. Eat that Charlie Ergan!

According the AP "...Baseball is willing to resume negotiate with Echostar's Dish Network, baseball spokesman Rich Levin said, but DirecTV president Chase Carey said he anticipated for now that his company would be an exclusive satellite carrier...."

And as part of the deal, the AP reports, DirecTV and iNDemand will each get 16% shares of the new Baseball Channel.

I can deal without the Extra Innings package, but I'm going to be extremely upset if E* gets locked out of a 7 year contract the new MLB Channel. I'm a huge baseball fan and if E* doesn't carry the new channel when it launches, I'll be switching to D* or cable. I'm also one of the unlucky people who apparently won't be getting my HD RSN anytime soon, so I can only infer that E* doesn't care about sports fans. D* offers my RSN and WGN in HD, in addition to MLB Extra Innings and the upcoming MLB Channel. E* offers Voom. The choice is becoming increasingly clear to me...

Im in the same boat you all are.. Im seriously hot on this one. Im going to wait a few days and call my wife before I decide to bail or not. It sucks Because I just had a 2nd 622 installed for archiving of games. Dish needs to mann the hell up and take one for the team. We all want baseball and I do seriously think dish will loose some of its sub base because of it. Is there a minumal package requirement to recive sports programming via d*? Right now im just fed up with loosing channels with dish left and right. I just got over court tv and now this.. Dish needs to seriously think about how they negotate contracts. There is a reason why they are number two. If they keep it up they will never reach the number one spot at all. Im seriously taking a look at direct or comcast.

Here is the email that I just sent to ceo@echostar.com

I just read that MLB extra innings and In demand have
reached a 7 year agreement. I have been a loyal, high
paying customer of DISH network for over 8 years. If
the extra innings package and mid-atlantic sports are
not offered very soon I will switch to Direct TV
immediately. I know that I am but 1 subscriber but
there are many that are in my situation, not only can
I not get extra innings but you DO NOT OFFER my local
sports with midatlantic. I went through the distant
network fiasco and I'm fed up with losing programming
on DISH network

Lets go Dish! Step up and do whats right for your customers. I agree with some of the other folks here, no mlb tv no more customer here. This is about more than 55000 subs, this is about 55000 subs that pay $100.00 plus a month for your service.

Lets go Dish! Step up and do whats right for your customers. I agree with some of the other folks here, no mlb tv no more customer here. This is about more than 55000 subs, this is about 55000 subs that pay $100.00 plus a month for your service.

What if MLB had demanded $200 million a year? A line has to be drawn somewhere for any negotiation and E* drew theirs. Also, MLB seems to interpret the words 'matching offer' differently than the rest of the world does. I will be interested to see if anyone caved on the baseball channel ownership problem or what compromise was made.

At the moment I am more concerned that only 7 of the RSN-HD channels have been activated and E* will "continue to explore carriage of additional HD RSNs throughout the year"... leaving the rest of us in the other 9 regions SOL. But I suppose we should just accept that subscribing to and paying for the same service doesnt mean we should expect to get it.

If Dish Network does not get the Extra Innings package AND get the inane new Cardinals blackout in my area with FSN-Midwest removed, I will absolutely leave Dish Network on or before my 18 month committment with Dish ends (May 2008).

I will also downgrade my $100+ "Everything" subscription I currently pay monthly for Dish programming by $20 or $30 bucks a month. Eat that Charlie Ergan!

E has nothing to do with setting the blackout areas for the SLC or the Royals on FSM. This is set my MLB and based on your zip code. It all depends on what team "owns" your area.

And if all 55,000 subs left (which I highly doubt. Maybe 1/8 of that at the most) Dish will make that up in new subs in less than a week. And they will pay about the same and all the sudden...
The sky is falling talk goes on every time Dish stands up for something, and every time their sub count goes up, so...

E has nothing to do with setting the blackout areas for the SLC or the Royals on FSM. This is set my MLB and based on your zip code. It all depends on what team "owns" your area.

that si largely correct. but I know that in some cases the area in which DISH carries an RSN differs from that on other providers. nevertheless the blackouts apply. i do not know if that applies in this case. But it might.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts