In Memorium: Rich ( Anole) Steincross Has Passed Away. May He Rest in Peace

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I too had missed him on here but then again, many are missing that were here the first year or two of my membership. I guess that's just the nature of these boards though. Sad to hear of his passing as I too will miss his posts on "fixing stuff"! :rip

Reactions: Tron
I thought Anole's avatar was fitting for the Christmas season. Rest in Peace.

Attachments

• Anole.jpg
    Anole.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 154
Rest in peace Green One. You were awesome, and so helpful to everyone. :(

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

extremely sad news
he had an almost unmatched understanding of satellite technology
i think almost everyone here has learned at least something from him, i personally learned a lot from him myself
this board is a much better place for him having been here, and i'm much better off for having been here to read his posts
i've missed hearing from him (and you other guys who have been gone for a while as well, i've wondered how you all were doing, i wish we were hearing from you guys under happier circumstances)
i'll miss him for sure
rest in peace Anole :(

Just logged in to let everyone know that our friend Anole has passed away on November 21stc 2014.
So Sorry,RIP
Anole and I have been friends since I first joined this forum in 2006. He helped me to solder a capacitor on the PCB of a Pansat 3500 I had, and we ended up in a phone conversation during the process.

From that conversation, we had regular phone calls every Saturday that lasted at least an hour each time. We talked about everything under the sun. He was a very intelligent person, and could talk on almost any subject. From those conversations, grew a great friendship. It wasn't until last year that we managed to get Facetime working and had video calls a few times.

About 6 - 8 months ago the calls grew farther apart. I asked what was wrong, and he said he had gone to the VA and gotten a Doctor assigned to him and that they had fixed him all up and he was getting better.

I didn't know at the time, and Stogie didn't either until about 3 months ago he finally told us that he had prostate cancer. It wasn't caught until late, and he knew he was dying.

I hadn't heard from him for about 3 weeks by mid November, so I called the VA hospital in Long Beach. It took me 20 minutes to get past the red tape to actually talk to Rich, but we did have a short conversation. He was in a lot of pain, and they had him pretty drugged up.

I hadn't heard from him after that until this week, I told Stogie that I would try and get through at the VA hospital again. I finally did get through this evening, and that's when they told me he had passed away on November 21st. Apparently, I was the last person outside the hospital to talk to him while he was still alive.

He had no family. Had never been married, both parents had passed away several years ago. He did have a group of friends that he ate lunch with on a regular basis, but he told me that none of them had ever been to his home.

Stogie, Phlatwound, Lak7 and I were his family along with the members of this forum that he loved so much. He will be greatly missed!!!

May he rest in Peace!!!

Holy crap. I am in shock!
While I didn't talk to anole on the phone like Linuxman and Stogie did, I did converse with him numerous times on PM.
Real nice guy and he did have a wealth of knowledge. He helped me out a few times with some parts that I needed to help get my computer working. Simple things like a router so I could run both my computer and the Directv off my internet. He also bought a few items from me and he was the only one I took a check from because I knew he was good for it (and I always said I could find him) :)

I know once I moved and didnt have FTA we really didn't chat much. But I wondered why he hadn't been on in a while.

RIP green one. You're gonna be missed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)