In Memorium: Rich ( Anole) Steincross Has Passed Away. May He Rest in Peace

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Very sad indeed. And make no mistake this was his family, just wish I could have known him outside this forum, as he appeared to be a very helpful and sincere individual with a keen sense of humor. RIP

Reactions: Tron
Wow just stumbled upon this thread and am shocked. I searched on line and could not find an obituary. How sad that only a few people will know of his passing.

He was more helpful in person.
He was saint in many way.
I will miss my friend of 20 + years.

Services will early january 4th at the VA 2nd story 2nd building.

I've searched for an obituary but have had no luck. Do you know if one has been published?

This was tough news to read, finally, but I'm glad the information was posted. I haven't been spending much time on the forum for the last couple of years or so, and just now decided to try to do some catching up. Still into fta, but got interested in other electronic-areas, like OTA=tv dxing, and police scanner radios, listening in on the aircraft freqs a lot too. Must've been about the time 'nole was diagnosed-I noticed that he hadn't been on forum a lot, was one reason I stopped checking in here myself. I enjoyed Rich's humor, and he was really swift on electronics, used to PM a lot with him. And, I posted several anole pics in my messages 3-4yrs ago, mostly for his enjoyment- like watching the little fellows around the yard/garden here. I'll miss him a lot.

This was tough news to read, finally, but I'm glad the information was posted. I haven't been spending much time on the forum for the last couple of years or so, and just now decided to try to do some catching up. Still into fta, but got interested in other electronic-areas, like OTA=tv dxing, and police scanner radios, listening in on the aircraft freqs a lot too. Must've been about the time 'nole was diagnosed-I noticed that he hadn't been on forum a lot, was one reason I stopped checking in here myself. I enjoyed Rich's humor, and he was really swift on electronics, used to PM a lot with him. And, I posted several anole pics in my messages 3-4yrs ago, mostly for his enjoyment- like watching the little fellows around the yard/garden here. I'll miss him a lot.

Turbo lets get the scanner section going. I have a lot of equipment from HF on up. I am now decoding DMR in my area. Join in!

Just read about this nearly two years later. I have definitely been away from the hobby too long. Very saddened to hear of Anole's passing. He was an extremely helpful member here on the forum, as well as other forums, and was a friendly and knowledgeable voice of the TVRO hobby. May he rest in peace!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts