IN SEARCH OF , Hi little help here I have a customer that is wanting a 6' c/ku band mesh dish and receiver looking for suppliers for new not used

Gilbert H

Original poster
Jun 23, 2020
Portland
Hi little help here I have a customer that is wanting a 6' c/ku band mesh dish and receiver looking for suppliers for new not used .
thx in advance for any help here..
Gilbert H

If you want NEW, this is just about your only source, unless you buy directly from a Chinese supplier (which I do NOT recommend). I HIGHLY recommend you do NOT install a dish smaller than 8ft for C-band, and I really believe you should go 10ft minimum.

A 6ft very well tuned dish can only get maybe 50%~ of what's available to watch. Just enough to likely make you sorry you even bothered, and nothing but a larger size will make much difference on signal level. An 8ft dish will get you maybe 74% of available open signals. A 10ft dish will get you 95%+.

Brian of Titanium Satellite has good receivers (Edision Mio's) and lnbf's, etc. He also has outstanding service, if you have any issues installing, or otherwise. Titanium Satellite - Store

I know you specified new. But there are still lots of unwanted used dishes that work very well. Many are free or under $100. I got a free 8 foot dish off of Craigslist about 2 weeks ago. My 10' mesh dish cost only $75 off of Craigslist. After 15 years of use, it still looks and works fine.

Here is an 8 footer you just missed: Large satellite dish SOLD - materials - by owner - sale

As Mike said, if you want new then your only choice is Tek2000. A 10 footer is $1299 plus shipping.

In for a penny in for a pound. I would really try to talk someone out of a 6 foot dish as they are going to be disappointed especially if they are spending the money to buy all new equipment. That is a lot to spend for very little reward.

If he absolutely has no room for a larger dish or because of covenants I would look for used gear. If he absolutely wants new and cant hand a larger dish then Tek2000 is the way to go. Just be sure he realizes he is spending a good chunk of change and a lot of effort to set it up for little reward.

I’m glad I went with a 10 foot instead of an 8 and my only regret is that I didn’t have room for a 12 foot dish.

Reactions: Comptech and FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)