IN SEARCH OF , Hi little help here I have a customer that is wanting a 6' c/ku band mesh dish and receiver looking for suppliers for new not used

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gilbert H

Original poster
Jun 23, 2020
Portland
Hi little help here I have a customer that is wanting a 6' c/ku band mesh dish and receiver looking for suppliers for new not used .
thx in advance for any help here..
Gilbert H

If you want NEW, this is just about your only source, unless you buy directly from a Chinese supplier (which I do NOT recommend). I HIGHLY recommend you do NOT install a dish smaller than 8ft for C-band, and I really believe you should go 10ft minimum.

A 6ft very well tuned dish can only get maybe 50%~ of what's available to watch. Just enough to likely make you sorry you even bothered, and nothing but a larger size will make much difference on signal level. An 8ft dish will get you maybe 74% of available open signals. A 10ft dish will get you 95%+.

Brian of Titanium Satellite has good receivers (Edision Mio's) and lnbf's, etc. He also has outstanding service, if you have any issues installing, or otherwise. Titanium Satellite - Store

I know you specified new. But there are still lots of unwanted used dishes that work very well. Many are free or under $100. I got a free 8 foot dish off of Craigslist about 2 weeks ago. My 10' mesh dish cost only $75 off of Craigslist. After 15 years of use, it still looks and works fine.

Here is an 8 footer you just missed: Large satellite dish SOLD - materials - by owner - sale

As Mike said, if you want new then your only choice is Tek2000. A 10 footer is $1299 plus shipping.

In for a penny in for a pound. I would really try to talk someone out of a 6 foot dish as they are going to be disappointed especially if they are spending the money to buy all new equipment. That is a lot to spend for very little reward.

If he absolutely has no room for a larger dish or because of covenants I would look for used gear. If he absolutely wants new and cant hand a larger dish then Tek2000 is the way to go. Just be sure he realizes he is spending a good chunk of change and a lot of effort to set it up for little reward.

I’m glad I went with a 10 foot instead of an 8 and my only regret is that I didn’t have room for a 12 foot dish.

Reactions: Comptech and FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)