In search of solid C-Band satellite dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davidLyttle

Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
Dayton Ohio
I am looking for any big c-band satellite dishes in the Dayton Ohio area. Solid and 6 foot or larger. I will gladly pick up... Mounting hardware too!

Why a solid dish? What's wrong with mesh? :confused:
toucan-man's thread in this section may be worth watching.

Solid is a good idea. It is far less prone to damage from hail and other things flying in the wind. Mine have never been twisted or bent in the wind, and I have had winds up to 50 I have only had solids and these have both been excellent at grabbing Ku as well as C signals. Mesh dishes with the big holes are only good for c band

Sure, if you could grab a Paraclipse, that might be better than a lot of solid dishes, but those aren't available in numbers.

Try for a solid, spun aluminum dish with an eight foot minimum width.

Some old solid fiberglass dishes aren't that good a Ku either. 2 are in my 'backup supply'. My steel mesh BUD isn't that good at Ku either, but it's survived 6 inch hail, 60+mph winds and freezing rain that encased it in ~6 inches of ice.
(Previous post was just wondering if there was an alternate purpose in mind for it)

I have a friend that closed down hes satellite dealer in PA, that has a 10" Winegard Pinical satellite dish for sale at chip price.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)