in the dog house after 5 years

stoney

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
fresno,ca
:rant: RANT AHEAD :rant:

Has anyone found there selves in this situation. Over five years ago I got one of those audit calls wanting to make sure that all of my receivers were in legit places. Well I had one in the garage and one in my camper in the back yard. Well I was not able to get to those receivers due to being on crutches after a knee surgery. So they shut the two receivers down and blocked them. I had since got rid of those receivers and gave them to a coworker who was using them on his account.

well when I call as I recently did to upgrade to HD, customer service could not help me and transferred me to the compliance department and I had to deal with them for my upgrade. And they could not answer all of my questions about some pricing or even about the new receiver the could be coming out in april. I asked him why I was being transferred to him and he stated that it was because of the audit five years ago. But since the old receivers that were banned from my account were opened on another account I could upgrade. Otherwise I was to open a second account. I asked why was I still being transferred to his department if this was taken care of and why was I being treated as if I was stealing service. Their respose was that I will always have to talk with them for service inquiries.

I believe that this is very unfair to be placed in this doghouse for this long for something I did not do .Anyone else have this problem? and is there anyway to get removed from this department?

i kind of made that threat when i was speaking to them about an upgrade. I have been at direct and I like dish a little better (except no NFL package). But I am tired for continuing to be harassed / accused of doing something I was not doing like stealing service.

You were lucky your coworker was allowed to activate the old receivers. In most cases they are boat anchors after being turned off. You could try setting up a new account with another family members name and a different phone number and a modified address (apt 101) to change the computer record of the account. Directv is the best suggestion because of the circumstances that you allowed to develop.

I dont understand the audit department... seems to be doing more harm then good. But I am sure there is ultimately a valid reason for it that I am not grasping.

I dont understand the audit department... seems to be doing more harm then good. But I am sure there is ultimately a valid reason for it that I am not grasping.

Most audited customers I know, simply shut off, then get reconnected as a new customer with all new equipment.. So if Dish thinks they are makeing progress with audits then they need to rethink the process..

You were lucky your coworker was allowed to activate the old receivers. In most cases they are boat anchors after being turned off. You could try setting up a new account with another family members name and a different phone number and a modified address (apt 101) to change the computer record of the account. Directv is the best suggestion because of the circumstances that you allowed to develop.

Fantastic way to get dragged to court for fraud.

i call BS on this one. if the OP had the receivers at his home, he would have called back and re did the audit or quit dish all together then. but since the receivers were already at his friends house, let him go ahead and just start paying for his own account. he obviously fessed up to what he was doing, that is why they let him transfer his receivers to a new account for his buddy.

:rant: RANT AHEAD :rant:

Has anyone found there selves in this situation. Over five years ago I got one of those audit calls wanting to make sure that all of my receivers were in legit places. Well I had one in the garage and one in my camper in the back yard. Well I was not able to get to those receivers due to being on crutches after a knee surgery. So they shut the two receivers down and blocked them. I had since got rid of those receivers and gave them to a coworker who was using them on his account.

well when I call as I recently did to upgrade to HD, customer service could not help me and transferred me to the compliance department and I had to deal with them for my upgrade. And they could not answer all of my questions about some pricing or even about the new receiver the could be coming out in april. I asked him why I was being transferred to him and he stated that it was because of the audit five years ago. But since the old receivers that were banned from my account were opened on another account I could upgrade. Otherwise I was to open a second account. I asked why was I still being transferred to his department if this was taken care of and why was I being treated as if I was stealing service. Their respose was that I will always have to talk with them for service inquiries.

I believe that this is very unfair to be placed in this doghouse for this long for something I did not do .Anyone else have this problem? and is there anyway to get removed from this department?

Playing devils advocate... You couldn't get to 2 of the receivers because you were on "crutches" and one was in the "camper" and the other in the "garage". They shut them down blocked them. Then you gave them to a coworker. (perhaps the one who had the 2 receivers in the first place).

I definitely am not accusing you of anything. I'm just saying do you see how it looks suspicious? Do I think the audit team does more harm than good? YES. Is there account stacking going on? Also YES. Catch 22 for dish, but to me it always seems like Charlie's paranoid about people stealing from him and loves to bully. But that's just the impression I get.

Note to DISH: You've got people in the area's all the time. It's not too hard to go look at a dish at someones house and see what they have. If they have "6" receivers on their account and only 2 lines coming off the dish and you don't see a switch anywhere. 1. It could be a stacked account. 2. They may have those receivers and a switch located inside the house. Either way confirm the suspicion first and then do something. Don't just assume everyone with multiple receivers is stealing from you.

Note to DISH: You've got people in the area's all the time. It's not too hard to go look at a dish at someones house and see what they have. If they have "6" receivers on their account and only 2 lines coming off the dish and you don't see a switch anywhere. 1. It could be a stacked account. 2. They may have those receivers and a switch located inside the house. Either way confirm the suspicion first and then do something. Don't just assume everyone with multiple receivers is stealing from you.

Makes too much sense.

I've never gotten a call, but what info do they need? Why not just log into your Dish account and have all the receiver info at your fingertips?

Because the information has to be taken off the receiver that is a random set of numbers that only that receiver can produce.

I've never gotten a call, but what info do they need? Why not just log into your Dish account and have all the receiver info at your fingertips?
I think they ask for the Location ID info which changes often. It's on the system info screen.

We don't attack unless provoked. At least I don't. :D

GRRRR!:rant::D lol;) Anyway, I have been with Dish for over 6 years. Soon after getting service the audit police called me and I went room to room reading off all the numbers. Just before I hung up I asked why informing him that they were all hooked up to the phone line. He didn't have a good answer. Never heard from them again though. BTW after a receiver is cut off by the audit team as the OP described I didn't think it could be turned back on?:confused:

I asked what it would take to get the receivers that I owned back onto my bill and they stated that I had to open another count with them. So I would have had to have two accounts for one address. Those two receivers could not be on the same account again. So instead of paying $100 a month I would have been paying $200. I did not watch them use them that often so I said forget it.

I have had Direct TV prior to dish and I do like the service much better and I can get channels on dish that I can not get at Direct.

With most receivers leased does E audit demand their return?

technology could easily make this all unnecessary, all receivers would HAVE to talk to one another over the LNB, or lose service.

E had the opportunity but didnt bother........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts