In the market for a new HT surge protector

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Looking at a couple of the non MOV designs. I like the 8 outlet boxes by zerosurge and brickwall, and from my reading they are all really the same and licensed by SurgeX. So I would say I was considering a zerosurge or brickwall 8 outlet, and just looking for some input. Like I said, the goal is to kinda avoid MOV techonology.

Thanks, it seems adcom, zerosurge and brickwalls are all the same. Its old tech but it doesnt fail like MOV's do which is kinda what I was looking at. They really arent fancy lookin, just do the job I guess. Made in the USA too.

Ended up grabbing an APC G5BLK.

1000x1000_APNG5BLK.jpg

Ive had an H15 as my main unit, and its a friggin beast:

h15blkfront.jpg

The H15 of course has AVR and a big ol transformer, it will trim and boost voltage for you. Its surge protection is a combo of MOV's, some other type part and a breaker. The G5BLK is smaller and more classy looking, reminds me of an Oppo player sitting there. Screen and LED's can be nicely dimmed, but it does not have AVR. This is also nice because it doesnt weigh 20lbs LOL.

It does have the same MOV+other component style surge protection with a breaker as well. Its voltage protection allows you to set a min and max, where it will not regulate but just shut off power to your gear if those are exceeded. I run the H15 in normal where it will boost voltage below 108 and trim voltage about 132. The G5 allowed me to set 100 and 132 for the shutoffs. real happy with it, seems to be another quality product from APC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts