In the US, No Sat 82 since Nimiq4, need advice

Where you at?...

I am in Indiana...I get 82 and 91 on my dish 500. They set side by side...I use NO skew. I hooked up one cable...found 82 then ..tweeked, shut down ...hooked both cables up and had 82 and 91. I did find one thing though but never investigated it but ran acrosss a Galxy and found it was 91....dont know why but it was so if ya see it..try it. Good luck.:)

the reason you dont need to skew is because 86.5 (1/2 way between the sats) is close to your true south

edit: checking thelist sat calculator, 87W IS your true south...so you dont need to skew. Most everywhere else you have to

what will I get in las Vegas

I am looking to place an Bell Express VU 18" ~ 24" dish in Las Vegas on an older 2300 receiver. is it worth the hassle, what transponders will I get.
somewhere I read even with a 30 inch I will miss transponders?

Look at post #35 in this thread.

82 is a DEDICATED 1.2 meter dish and those are the signal strengths I get from night to day. Basically HD when the sun is up, otherwise too weak for a lock.

Colorado Springs, CO vs. Vegas has a better location so you would need something larger.

Look at post #35 in this thread.

82 is a DEDICATED 1.2 meter dish and those are the signal strengths I get from night to day. Basically HD when the sun is up, otherwise too weak for a lock.

Colorado Springs, CO vs. Vegas has a better location so you would need something larger.

Thanks, I am only looking for Transponders on 91 only. Will give a 24 inch dish a try in vegas

I'm down in the C.Springs area I do have an 30 inches dish aiming at Bell 82 witch as a gain of 38.9 db(HiKuBand), I do get 82 in between 50 to 75 % during day time depending of the transponder I check, Night time I have a 10% signal drop, so I loose some transponders....
I'm currently looking at increasing my dish size but I have not made up my mind yet if I get a 36 or 39 inches, the thing to keep in mind is the actual gain of the dish, there is 36 inches dish that will give you a gain close to a 30 inches dish so you have to be careful on your dish selection.... I will let you know how I make out. Every 3 DB in gain you double your strength (in theory) You should get a gain of around 1.5 to 2 DB between a 30 and 36 inches dish from the same company.

I'm down in the C.Springs area I do have an 30 inches dish aiming at Bell 82 witch as a gain of 38.9 db(HiKuBand), I do get 82 in between 50 to 75 % during day time depending of the transponder I check, Night time I have a 10% signal drop, so I loose some transponders....
I'm currently looking at increasing my dish size but I have not made up my mind yet if I get a 36 or 39 inches, the thing to keep in mind is the actual gain of the dish, there is 36 inches dish that will give you a gain close to a 30 inches dish so you have to be careful on your dish selection.... I will let you know how I make out. Every 3 DB in gain you double your strength (in theory) You should get a gain of around 1.5 to 2 DB between a 30 and 36 inches dish from the same company.

Im in the springs, I have the same thing happening. Let me know what happens when you get results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts