In your opinion, what sport has the best championship trophy?

What sport has the best championship trophy?

• Total voters

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
I was watching the special on Versus, "Lord Stanley's Summer", and it got me thinking, what sport has the best championship trophy? Feel free to vote on any sport, but I'm just keeping it to the "Big 4" major team sports.

IMO, the Stanley Cup is the cream of the crop.

One of the COOL things that happen with the Cup is,
1st, your NAME goes on it forever !
2nd, the NHL allows the teams to take the CUP with them where ever you want to go.
Each player has the Cup for a day to do whatever they want !
Most go to thier hometown and celebrate, these stories could fill the internet !

As a huge baseball fan and one that does not understand or like Hockey at all, I picked Hockey.

Football should be the lowest of all if I were to rank them. The Superbowl itself and getting to it seems to have heavier weight of importance than winning it when compared to the championship games of other sports.

If you want to consider defunct leagues, the USFL had the best trophy.

thumbnail.aspx

As a huge baseball fan and one that does not understand or like Hockey at all, I picked Hockey.

Football should be the lowest of all if I were to rank them. The Superbowl itself and getting to it seems to have heavier weight of importance than winning it when compared to the championship games of other sports.

Agreed,
Typically, the Conference Championship games are the BEST games of the year !

Going beyond the 4 US major sports, where the NHL is by far the best for the afformentioned reasons, the dumbest trophy in the entire world is soccer's "world cup". It is not a cup, but rather a tiny abstract brick-brack. In fact none of the various soccer "world cups" (women's, under 17, indoor, etc, etc, etc) are actually a cup. NASCAR's current Sprint Cup, and the previous Nextel and Winston Cups, are not cups either.

Among the other good trophies are the Indy 500, the PGA, and the Masters.

I picked the NHL too. I like the fact that it is the same exact trophy just passed from team to team and they inscribe the winner on the trophy.

Do they get a copy of the trophy to keep?

One of the trophies not mentioned in the list but also mentioned by SamCdbs that I like is the Borg Warner trophy from the Indy 500.

I picked the NHL too. I like the fact that it is the same exact trophy just passed from team to team and they inscribe the winner on the trophy.

Do they get a copy of the trophy to keep?

One of the trophies not mentioned in the list but also mentioned by SamCdbs that I like is the Borg Warner trophy from the Indy 500.

No, you don't get a copy.

Gotta agree on the Borg-Warner, too - that thing is MASSIVE. :)

Jimbo said:
One of the COOL things that happen with the Cup is,
1st, your NAME goes on it forever !
2nd, the NHL allows the teams to take the CUP with them where ever you want to go.
Each player has the Cup for a day to do whatever they want !
Most go to thier hometown and celebrate, these stories could fill the internet !

Now the SC has a handler, I wonder if that's because when the Pens won their second cup they broke it when it tooka swim in Mario's pool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)