Inactive account question

sam fisher

SatelliteGuys Family
May 16, 2008
SF Bay area
Hello Satellite Guys! I have a question, and I have searched without success. Please help.

I am moving from the East Coast to California next month. I have been with Dish since 2001 & am currently on the Absolute HD package. I have not been under any contract for about 2 years. I do not want to lose Absolute, but I will be in an apartment for 6-12 months while my house sells. Is there a way to hold my Dish Absolute without paying the full price a month. I doubt the apartment will let me install Dish (though who knows).

Thanks for any advice!

I hate to say this but you should probably just keep paying as you are. There were some other threads on this sometime ago & people actually have lost their absolute by putting their accounts on hold. I don't recall the exact details, but to be safe I would just continue to pay it.

You should be able to install at the apartment if you have LOS. They can put it in a bucket and run the cable through the door. ( close the door on the cable ).

They might ask you to have renters insurance, but that's not bad to have anyway. I have Nationwide and kept a renters policy so I wouldn't forfeit my long term discount on the homeowners policy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)