Inconsistency With this forum

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Not sure how others will fill about this but I was talking to a csr at voom today and ask them if they ever visit this site and he said they use to but they stop becasue of all the inconsistency on this forum. I fell that a lot of things here are dead on when it comes to info ,so I how does everyone esle fell about this ?

LOBO2999 said:
Not sure how others will fill about this but I was talking to a csr at voom today and ask them if they ever visit this site and he said they use to but they stop becasue of all the inconsistency on this forum. I fell that a lot of things here are dead on when it comes to info ,so I how does everyone esle fell about this ?

Maybe they got tired on the ranting about PQ problems that a lot of us cannot see?

LOBO2999 said:

did they give you an example of this "inconsistency"?

LOBO2999 said:

That's a laugh..CSR's can say today is Monday, and i'll doubt it..At least some here are in touch with VOOM and will give precise info..or others may be installers, engineers etc and their info should be given alot more creedeance

Hi:
VOOM could help stop the problem by having someone post when incorrect information is given. As an example I use the question of "Will VOOM carry INHD"? It took four months to get a straight answer from VOOM and in the meantime people argued back and forth on this and other sites. Even then, the answer from VOOM was not very direct i.e. "Voom will carry all of the HD channels listed when the service was announced" (That means YES to all of you who do not have an original VOOM brochure or source code for the VOOM web site from October) Still people post that
the INHD web site says "only available on cable" so the answer is NO.
Joseph

Of course, it all depends who you speak to. I personally have contact with CSRs, managers from VOOM and the people that do the HD programming on Voom. They come here on a regular basis to see what you guys like or dislike because it is one way for them to know what is happening (from the customer point of view). It will be foolish for them not to know what their customers like or dislike.

Regarding other information that is just "speculation" (like INHD). Moderators in this forum have been given information that we can not disclose until it is made public. This happened most recently with the new 36" dish that was recently disclosed to the public and the lease of new space at 72 degrees with the new Tps. We knew about this since February but did not post the informaition because we were told not to do it.

barth2k said:
Sorry I'm new. WILL InHD be on VOOM?

No specific information has been released on INHD. I also would like to get INHD but I will probably do it through my cable company. So you see where I am heading with this.

If Voom doesn't think the info is correct, then they should correct it. Why just sit there and make us guess? INHD tells me that they are in talks with DirecTV and Voom about carrige of their channels. they had no comment on Dish Network.

The SNR has fallen on this forum but that's always expected when a lot of new members join. Everyone wants to post their own installation experience.

Sean - have you considered adding a VOOM Local Reception forum? That might clear out some of the redundant antenna threads. The alternative to that might be a VOOM Installs (or Installation Issues) forum.

Sean - have you considered adding a VOOM Local Reception forum? That might clear out some of the redundant antenna threads. The alternative to that might be a VOOM Installs forum.

Isn't that what the VOOM In your Area forum is for? :)

Isn't that what the VOOM In your Area forum is for?

I wish it was....but look at all the antenna, reception, OTA install threads in the main forum.

Ken F said:
I wish it was....but look at all the antenna, reception, OTA install threads in the main forum.

Local issues should remain in the "in your area" forum. Others issues such as installations should go to the thread named "Voom Installations". I have let people create their own thread about installations and them a few weeks later when the thread is on page 2 or three I have merged back to the "Voom Installations" thread. OTA/Antenna questions specific to a location should be in the "in your area" forum. More general questions regarding OTA/Antenna should remain in the main. I have not consolidated a lot of these. I was busy today consolidating the Tivo/Voom Threads and DVR threads. Too many of them. I am still merging threads so we will consolidate more.

I wouldn't expect the CSRs to be reading this. It's not their job. But I WOULD expect their managers and other people in the company to read it, and I'm sure they do.
CSRs are there to answer phones, take orders, and provide a first line of attack for troubleshooting problems.

Lob