Incredibly wierd DirecTV issue...please help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hinerzac

Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
So I live in an apartment complex, and prior to moving here in August I never had experience with satellite television. While most everything with my DirecTV is fine, I have experienced--since my move in--two very odd problems. I'll try to describe both as best as possible, and any help you guys can offer on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

1. This problem has been happening more and more recently. While I am watching, say, ESPN2 the picture will occasionally glitch up and the channel will appear to switch to, for instance, Great American Country, and some of the ESPN2 image will remain (yet the GAC audio is perfectly clear), and then after a couple of seconds it will switch back to the channel I had been watching. Last Friday this problem was at it's peak, with the glitches coming almost every 20 minutes.

2. This problem is equally odd. When my tv is tuned to random channels, such as Fox Reality, Oxygen, ESPN, or others, a black, nearly half-screen sized captioning box will appear and will constantly scroll a really odd message. The message, copied verbatim from Channel 250 at 2:45 today reads;

<http//iah>[t:p][v:tv][AE28]

Like I said, this message appears at random, and when it does it never goes away from that channel. If I surf to another channel and do something to disrupt the box (i.e change the volume) it will go away; until, that is, I go back to that channel.

Have any of you ever heard/seen of either of these problems? I'm simply starting to believe my reciever is haunted.

Aye you apparently received a refurbished box from someone that died :p

What Dish do you have?
What Receiver(s)?
Any Flat Cable?
What type of Input from D* to your TV (RCA/HDMI/Coax)

probably a grounding issue with one of the wires from the dish to the IRD. I've seen this plenty of times before.

This type of thing can happen if the switching voltage the receiver is sending to select odd or even transponders changes. The receiver assumes it's on the correct TP and tunes the corresponding channel on that TP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)