INDEMAND will carry MLB EI? No so fast says MLB... How about E*?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is amazing to me.
E* has had this package for years, and yet their Extra Innings subscriptions are a small fraction of DirecTV's (or cable's).
What this means is that Dish Network primarily attracts those who are looking for a better price deal than DirecTV or cable.
People who are looking to save $5 or $10 a month, don't subscribe to out-of-market sports packages for hundreds of dollars a year.
I'm now surpised that E* spent this much time for a mere 55,000 subscribers.
Remember Distant Networks ? That was 1,000,000 subcribers - almost 20 times as much !

Dish really didn't push Extra Innings that much and they've only had it for what 3 seasons? Direct's had it for 10 years or so, of course they will have more subs.

Dish really didn't push Extra Innings that much and they've only had it for what 3 seasons? Direct's had it for 10 years or so, of course they will have more subs.
\
Because they have had it longer, your implying that E* subs just haven't had enough time for it to sink in yet...please!sadroll

Also on your berating of the EI package compared to the NBA or Center Ice....ummm check your numbers lately??

MLB announces iN DEMAND deal
MLB Channel Expects to Launch in 40 Million Homes through Multi-Distributor Pact

Major League Baseball announced today that iN DEMAND has entered into a seven-year agreement in principle to carry the MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription package of out-of-market games and will distribute the MLB Channel, which is scheduled to launch in January 2009.

The MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription package of out-of-market games is currently available to DIRECTV subscribers. iN DEMAND owners Comcast, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable have agreed to carry the package, effective immediately. iN DEMAND also will offer to make the MLB Extra Innings subscription package available to other cable companies across the U.S. Like all distributors of MLB Extra Innings, these cable operators would also be required to carry the MLB Channel once it is launched.

The MLB Channel will be the first and only network dedicated to providing baseball programming to MLB fans 24 hours a day, seven days a week on a year-round basis. Major League Baseball's partnerships with DIRECTV and iN DEMAND mean the MLB Channel is expected to launch in 40 million homes.

"Our chief goal throughout the process was to ensure that fans would have access to as many baseball games and as much baseball coverage as possible," said MLB President and Chief Operating Officer Bob DuPuy. "With this agreement, the MLB Channel will launch with an unprecedented platform. We are pleased with the launch of the MLB Channel to so many homes coupled with our agreement to extend the distribution of MLB Extra Innings with iN DEMAND."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_relea...ent_id=1879904&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Has the deal allowed the San Diego Padres Cox4 broadcasts to be in the EI package now? I tuned into the package last night and was glad to see it there. Is this new or were they there last year with D*? Also, the other day I saw Comcast Philly and Rogers Sportsnet channel on the MLB Mix Channel and was wondering if their broadcasts could be included as well?

.....and the PR suits have scurried for cover unwilling to make a formal announcement that the fat lady has sung, burped and is working over some ham hocks while watching another carrier.

I've been a Dish Network MLB EI subscriber for the past 3 years. I really don't want to switch to Direct because I really like E*'s equipment & HD programming. HOWEVER, I live in Virginia. I am an Atlanta Braves fan. I obviously can watch many of the braves' games on TBS.

I have been reading a little about the E*'s MulitSports package on this thread, but I'm confused. I live in a territory claimed by both the Orioles & the Nationals. I get those games on MASN.

My question is this, If I subscribe to the MultiSport package, can I watch the braves games that are broadcast on Fox Sports South or the Sunshine Network (when they're not on TBS).

I have been reading a little about the E*'s MulitSports package on this thread, but I'm confused. I live in a territory claimed by both the Orioles & the Nationals. I get those games on MASN.

My question is this, If I subscribe to the MultiSport package, can I watch the braves games that are broadcast on Fox Sports South or the Sunshine Network (when they're not on TBS).
No, just the Orioles and Nationals. Professional sports games from teams outside of your area will be blacked out. Of course, when MASN is showing games from either the Nats or the Os, they'll black out ESPN for you, but they can't black out the Braves' games on ESPN.

And :welcome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)