INDEMAND will carry MLB EI? No so fast says MLB... How about E*?

If it's also posted in the print Hollywood Reporter it would be dated tomorrow because that's when the paper prints.

The fact that the EPG has games listed doesn't mean a lot. It means that E loaded them "just in case" so they would populate immediately.

I'm still hopeful especially since they extended the talks again until tomorrow afternoon.

Toronto vs Detroit @ 1PM today is still showing up on ch 626 in the guide data. This is the first game on MLB EI for the season :). Lets see if anyone gets it on their receiver!

Like I said before MLB is trying to be the good guy by giving every one up until 1st pitch to get a deal done. That way they can say we tried to negotiate In good faith.

I agree. I think MLB is just postering and giving it "every chance" so they can get the government off their backs. They can now say they tried everything possible to get a deal and could not get one. If they negotiated all weekend long and could not get a deal I don't see why they will get one today. Just a feeling, but I just don't think there is going to be a deal. :(

MLB Extra Innings talks continue in extra innings
Source: No assurances, but iNDemand, Dish deal Monday?
By Paul J. Gough The Hollywood Reporter April 2, 2007

NEW YORK -- Major League Baseball over the weekend extended the deadline for negotiations on the Extra Innings package with both In Demand and Echostar.

MLB had originally given the two companies until Saturday, the day before the beginning of the regular season, to come to terms over the out-of-market package that both had carried until the end of last season. But that deadline was extended until Sunday and perhaps into Monday to try to work a deal out although it wasn't clear whether one would be forged with either Echostar, the parent company of Dish Network, or In Demand, which is the negotiating company for big MSOs Cox, Time Warner Cable and Comcast.

"Talks are still ongoing," a MLB spokeswoman said mid-afternoon Sunday. She declined to detail the talks further.

Another source said the parties hoped to wrap up a deal by Monday but that there were "no assurances."

MLB in early March had reached an exclusive deal with DirecTV worth a reported $700 million over seven years. MLB agreed to extend for three weeks a negotiating window with In Demand and EchoStar to match the DirecTV terms -- which would be signficantly less financially without an exclusive -- and commit to carrying The Baseball Channel in a similar amount of cable and satellite households when the channel launches in 2009.

DirecTV committed to carrying the network in about 15 million households on its basic tier; it also received an ownership stake.

The MLB-DirecTV deal hasn't escaped notice from Washington, where the FCC has asked for more information and lawmakers including Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., have asked MLB and the companies to come to some sort of agreement for the good of displaced baseball fans.

Kerry got agreement last week from MLB President/COO Bob DuPuy and In Demand president Robert Jacobson for a face-to-face meeting ahead of Saturday's deadline.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr...sion/news/e3id1c3d218198539cbc254fb984436f4b0

Any monday morning updates?

The silence this morning is defeaning. I really wish they would let us know. A lot of people want to go get DirecTV if Dish is not going to carry it.

As of 11:39 the MLB channel is turned off till at least 12:00 p.m. I agree its time for Dish Network to make an announcement one way or the others so people who want to order DirecTV can and will have time with out missing the first week and a half of the season.

Or at least an email to customers who previously subscribed to MLB EI with Dish

Well DirecTV came on at 1:00 p.m. and I have the MASN telecast of the Washington - Florida game on upstairs where I hate to watch TV.

Well I just cleaned a perfectly clean kitchen floor. Time to go clean a perfectly clean sink and bathroom and perhaps its time to shampoo the carpet.

Still no word from Dish Network. I emailed thenm about 11:45 and got no answer one way or the other.

Flipping threw the three games on DirecTV EI as we speak the Yankees- Devil Rays telecast is a YES telecast.

Is this perhaps new for 2007 that MASN and YES broadcasts are included this year as last year on Dish Network we always got the opposing team telecasts when the Yankees or Nationals were on.

Ah back to cleaning the bathroom. Soap Scum needs to be washed away.

Come on MLB get this back on Dish

Flipping threw the three games on DirecTV EI as we speak the Yankees- Devil Rays telecast is a YES telecast.

Is this perhaps new for 2007 that MASN and YES broadcasts are included this year as last year on Dish Network we always got the opposing team telecasts when the Yankees or Nationals were on.

Ah back to cleaning the bathroom. Soap Scum needs to be washed away.

Come on MLB get this back on Dish

Thats because dish doesnt have YES or MASN...

A provider has to carry the RSN to get its games. DISH did not carry those but D* did.

It depends on what the meaning of the word IS is?:D
Reminds me of an old Jack Handey quote...

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts