Indian Programming 95west

Status
Please reply by conversation.

direclinks

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Anyone know what the price of the package that DiRECTV will launch in October, including Indian channels? How many Indian channels will they be?

DiRECLINKS

Is this confirmed? We have guessed that the 95sat might be used for the new international market, but we weren't sure. Also, we can't find any reference to the Indian channels on the DirecTV site.

Where is this mentioned?

Hong.

DirecTV will NOT be launching any internationals in October. They still have space reserved at 95W, but there is no satellite there now. No deals have been announced concerning international channels either. DirecTV definitely plans on expanding international channels, but it won't be before November-early next year probably.

I'm not sure what you mean by there not being a satellite there now... that's where Galaxy 3 is, where they are and have been leasing space for their Latin America and Brazil packages, which have been operational for a long time. As far as "space reserved"... I'm not aware of any licenses they own in that location.

Galaxy 3 is located in the 95 degree orbital slot and beginning September 28, 2004 we are activating Saigon Broadcasting Television Network (SBTN) programming. I added SBTN to my site, www.valueelectronics.com/saigon.htm

A new 36" elliptical dish, built by ChannelMaster will have 2 dual LNB's and will pick up 95/101.

Later this year DIRECTV will have about 15 ethnic language channels available on the 95 degree bird.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Later this year DIRECTV will have about 15 ethnic language channels available on the 95 degree bird.
Well at least that clears up what that space is going to be used for. :)

For my Indian friends, the key is the cricket matches. Unless they get them, I doubt they will dismantle their E* setups.

Hong.

Yes, there also some other international channels coming up at DTV. The good part is, there will not any external switch involved like Dish, pain in the butt.

Prices And Channels

I have seen nothing on the channels that will be available, nor the price tag.

DiRECLINKS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)