Indoor Antenna To Pickup OTA HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So, I can get it... What I have to do is tilt the antenna back until it's at a flat angle not slightly pointed up. Then I have to stick it out the window as far as I can reach and point it directly at the tower...

How can I improve this...?

Hi!

New to this forum, but not so new to electronics/audio/hometheater/hdtv in about that order.

But there is always another hill to climb...in this case ota hd.

I have dish network, so I get their hd lite, but no local hd. I rent, and im poor. So I need an indoor hd antenna. I live in an urban area. Id love any advice on what my best antenna choice might be. Ive gotten some ideas from previous posts. but id love more input

When I tried the Silver Sensor, I found that I had to tweak it a bit to the left or right to pick up different stations. Got annoying after a while. I'm ~25miles north of Boston. Guess it depends where you live, but anyone else notice that you have to move an indoor antenna around a bit to get all stations?

When I tried the Silver Sensor, I found that I had to tweak it a bit to the left or right to pick up different stations. Got annoying after a while. I'm ~25miles north of Boston. Guess it depends where you live, but anyone else notice that you have to move an indoor antenna around a bit to get all stations?

Unless all your stations iminate from the same tower or tower location/farm, YES, you will have to orient a directional type antenna toward that signal for the best reception or buy a good omni-directional.

I have dish network, so I get their hd lite, but no local hd. I rent, and im poor. So I need an indoor hd antenna. I live in an urban area. Id love any advice on what my best antenna choice might be. Ive gotten some ideas from previous posts. but id love more input

Does poor and HD belong in the same sentence? LOL Anyway, you need to locate what direction and distance the majority of your signals come from to start ID'ing antennas. Specs from indoor antennas are way overstated and you will find for the cost that an outdoor is a much better value. Being in an apartment makes it tough, but if you can have a dish you MIGHT be able to have an antenna.

Last edited:
cosmo_kramer said:
drbill28,
Check out your local Walmart for this antenna: PHDTV3
My towers are 7-14 miles like yours, but without the obstructions, and this antenna works fine for me. If it doesn't work for you, you can always return it.....

I'll 2nd that recomendation. I'm about 17.5 miles from our local antennas, but decent line of site (apart from some nearby two story houses). I'm getting all the digital broadcasts (2 VHF, 4 UHF) with minimal fuss. Sometimes, I need to move my antenna around, but no major issues. If you can find one at your local WallyWorld, its worth a shot (just be sure to test various positions, etc..)

I've used the radio shack 15-1880. It's decent. I was able to get most of the locals here in the SF bay area, mostly strong signals. It's powered also which is a good thing. I'm about 12-13 miles from the tower with some obstructions. You just have to be patient with positioning it in the right direction. If it doesn't work for you, you have 30 days to return.

snaggerbob said:
The Zenith silver sensor is a very good indoor antenna. If it doesn't work you can take it back.

The silver sensor has worked great for me to get the UHF OTA HD channels. It has trouble getting low VHF 2-7 range. Can anyone recommend a good indoor VHF antenna for channels 2 to 7 to combine with silver sensor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)