Ineligible for Hopper 3?

Nope, but extra Hoppers would be the best bet. I can't go to the BMW dealership, and get a brand new BMW with Mercedes decals put on it, or Lexus engine components put in it from the dealership. The company rules are there, and if not willing to abide by those, they still have the option of VIP equipment. Their policies are well known, and that is that. This discussion is purposeless.

Wow, seems like a lot of people that have no experience in the real world. Dish won't allow it because "you can't wire 1 SJ and 2 Hoppers together". They can't see that it can be done in certain situations, and sometimes it would be the best solution.

Wow, seems like a lot of people that have no experience in the real world. Dish won't allow it because "you can't wire 1 SJ and 2 Hoppers together". They can't see that it can be done in certain situations, and sometimes it would be the best solution.

This isn't about customers "getting over it". The situation as I described would work fine, if Dish could just build it that way in their computer, but they can't... The only reason they can't is because they are too shortsighted to see the potential situation for it to work. They try to keep it simple for all the trunk slammer installers out there, and it hamstrings the ones that know what they are doing...

This isn't about customers "getting over it". The situation as I described would work fine, if Dish could just build it that way in their computer, but they can't... The only reason they can't is because they are too shortsighted to see the potential situation for it to work. They try to keep it simple for all the trunk slammer installers out there, and it hamstrings the ones that know what they are doing...
No, this is technically possible. I have seen where you
Can wire it that way. The issue that you have misunderstood/interpreted, or just plain choose to ignore is that Dish as a company has decided that keeping Pandora's box closed is what's best for their business. If a few people leave, small enough not to make up a relevant statistic, than it doesn't matter and they made the right choice compared to the amount of money fielding phone calls on a messed up system, and sending technicians out on something that just doesn't seem to work correctly consistently. There is already that complaint with SJs and 1 Hopper. So, to answer you question, what you're pointing out is shortsighted and the argument is pointless. There is not a market that cannot be fulfilled with another means that Dish offers. Hence, those customers can suck it up, or enjoy DTVs SWM system.

If I had a separate 5 TV setup like you claim I would have 3 Hoppers and Joey

Because why does the detached garage need 5 tuners?

Sounds like an apartment to me.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Tampa8
Hardly matters. Didn't someone post the SJ is no longer in production, and has been "superceeded?"

I'm sure there will be plenty floating around for years, but new installs must already be dropping off. Who would want one? Wouldn't the H3 be cheaper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)