Inexpensive OTA STB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Does anyone know a source for inexpensive OTA set top boxes? I don't want to spend alot (of course) and would like to view hdtv on my hdtv monitor. THanks for any help!

stb

I have two used hughes stb directv e86 hd. That I use only for the ota digital signals. They work great and the tuner seems strong. I live in michigan and use a cm4228 with a 8275 amp. I can pick up all digital signals s within a 60 mile radius. the neat thing about the stbs is that you can use a digital signal on a regualer non hd tv and get a great picture. not hd but a great picture without ghosts and better then satellite or regular antenna.

so to answer your question

ebay for a used hd directv receiver gives you hd ota receiption for your hd tv.
you may need help setting it up- manuals are available online

Good luck john

Cheap OTA STB

Try looking on ebay for a Directv h-10 They are cheap now as everyone is swapping out to H20's which are MPEG 4 capable for Locals in HD from Directv. The ota tuner in those is pretty good.

I bought the H10 receiver off Ebay the other day just so I could get OTA HD channels and I have run into a snag. I do not have a Direct TV satellite hooked up and the set-up menu has "greyed-out" the area where I can do the antenna setup. When I run it through the guided set-up, it stalls in the "advanced program guide data" screen because I have no dish hooked up to it.

I tried to set it up so that it would only run through the antenna but that wasn't an option. Is there a double secret password to enable the antenna setup?

That is what I am wondering too. I have a Dish Network 811 that I used to haveactivated (actually I have 2), only one is still activated. That needs a satellite signal to still receive the OTA. So, are the DTV hd receivers the same? Thanks!

stb- hughes e 86

I bought a hughes e86 hd directv from ebay for 40 including shipping and it works great- without a subscription to direct tv.

I gives great hd pictures on a hd set and great digital pictures on a non hd set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts