Info Request

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blue Crystal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Has anyone had any experience in trying to convert a wild blue dish to fta? Not sure of the size going to check it out today. It looks like it may come close to 30 inches, however, not sure about the shape.
Thanks

You could probably get some channels with it. Some people use the 76cm Winegard for FTA, and that would equate to 30''. Proabably would not get everything though.

30" is a little small for FTA.
30" is the minimum last I checked ;)

I have a 30" dish and get pretty much everything out there I'm suppose to ;)
Have had it for 7 years now. I have issues with 116.8 but that is due to being semi-out of the footprint. Otherwise it all comes in fine including the PBS stuff on 125W

30" is the minimum last I checked ;)

I have a 30" dish and get pretty much everything out there I'm suppose to ;)
Have had it for 7 years now. I have issues with 116.8 but that is due to being semi-out of the footprint. Otherwise it all comes in fine including the PBS stuff on 125W

So you can get most everything in S2/MPEG4 with your 30'' Iceburg? I have a Hot Dish 90 on order to use with a SG2100 and I was worried that it might not do that well on some of the S2 stuff.

There isnt a lot of S2 on KU outside of the PBS stuff and the mux on 123W (with UWTV and KEXP) that I know of but they come in just fine on the Manahattan

Thanks Ice, that is what I will be using for Ku is the Manhattan. Glad to hear it does well.

I'm using a 30" dish for FTA with a TeVii S660 USB receiver. I get almost everything I want except for the DVB-S2 PBS feeds (the DVB-S feeds are fine). They come in now and then, but not consistently. 97W is fine, 101W is fine, 123W is fine except for FSTV. I also have issues with some of the weaker wild feeds on 91W but I suspect I'm looking through a tree on that one.

- Trip

I think it was my neighbor that tried it, any whoever I was talking too said that had pretty good success with a wild blue dish. If they ever get dsl here, I am going to experiment with mine:D.......anyway the guy told me that he had better success by leaving the spoon on the end and making a bracket so that the LNB was just like if the wild blue tria was there. He took off the spoon and tried to extend the arms a bit and try that way, but he said it didn't work so well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts