Infomercials... who puts them on?

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Are they inserted into a channel stream by the cable or satellite provider or by the content provider? I have always wondered this.
In other words for an example let's say at 3 am I flip the channel to MTV. I see a vacuum cleaner or generac infomercial. Is that my provider removing the MTV ? Or is it MTV selling their spot for the night?

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

MTV is selling the entire time slot rather than just 20 minutes of every hour. They aren't giving up anything.

This doesn't belong anywhere near the C band forum.

MTV is selling the entire time slot rather than just 20 minutes of every hour. They aren't giving up anything.

This doesn't belong anywhere near the C band forum.
Why not, everyone sees infomercials whether c band, cable, satellite, streaming, whatever.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I posted this in the c band area because c band people have a lot more knowledge about tv systems and delivery.
I am a c band person. I have 3 big dishes.

Anyone offended is free to kiss where the sun does not shine

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: FTA4PA and Titanium
Longform infomercials are typically originated by the broadcaster. Add buys for regional commercials are provided outside of the infomercial program times in specific slots for local insertion. A broadcaster will usually place programming promos or PSAs (Public Service Announcements) that will show if local insertion does not occur.

Not sure why anyone would consider this a taboo subject for the forum??? At least the subject is close to being on topic. LOL

The question of ad insertion by cable or satellite carriers into a name brand cable channel stream would seem to place the discussion in the domain of pay TV. It has been widely observed that C-band no longer intersects with MVPD.

harshness This may blow your mind, but some uplink centers do insertion on a turn.

Thank you for correcting us! Now, you may go and right the universe elsewhere... LOL!!!
I have been a member of this forum since 2004 when I got my first big c band dish. I currently have three big dishes and a couple of motorized KU dishes.
It had been a while since I had been on. It seems now we have some members who are quick to correct others. We did not have that before. Hopefully this group does not fall to the perils of a lot of others.

Sent from our Pleadian star ship

Reactions: k.r. and FTA4PA
I have been a member of this forum since 2004 when I got my first big c band dish. I currently have three big dishes and a couple of motorized KU dishes.
It had been a while since I had been on. It seems now we have some members who are quick to correct others. We did not have that before. Hopefully this group does not fall to the perils of a lot of others.

Sent from our Pleadian star ship

Hang in there Brother some of we old guys still lurk...

Reactions: Corrado

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)