Information Needed: What is B-Band Converter module operating temperature range?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My BBCs (Grey ones) are in the attic. 120 degree F and none have failed so far.

Matt

My BBCs (Grey ones) are in the attic. 120 degree F and none have failed so far.

Matt
One of my BBCs is in the attic also and has been for a year. I live in the Houston area, so the high-temp spec has been well tested!

Good deal.
I am currently using BBC outside the house enclosed in utility box to keep dirt and rain out. Here where I am(Atlanta) a record low was -8 F and record high was 107 F. Looks like I am good to go.

Is it OK to put the BBCs in the attic. The install specs that came in the box show they need to be next to the receiver.

Does this cause a weaker signal if you put it in the attic?

I ask because the wires behind my receiver are tight. Would be good to but the BBCs in the attic.

DirectTV does not support BBC in any other configuration other than BBC right next to the receiver.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't work. From what I read, it can cause issue if the cable line is long. How long, I don't know.

BBC is only like 6 or 7 inches. Too tight? !sadroll

Is it OK to put the BBCs in the attic. The install specs that came in the box show they need to be next to the receiver.

Does this cause a weaker signal if you put it in the attic?

I ask because the wires behind my receiver are tight. Would be good to but the BBCs in the attic.

I probably have 20' of cable, plus a diplexer, between one of my BBCs and the HR20 (the second BBC is connected directly to the HR20). According to the receive level meters in the HR20, both tuners have nearly identical levels; so close that I cannot tell which tuner is connected to the remote BBC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.