Ingenious or idiotic? You decide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
.This action can play havoc with ice roads. Ice fishing communities, resort owners, and hard-core individual fisherman utilize portable bridges to span the narrower fissures. Larger fresh gaps will force everyone who wishes to get safely on or OFF the lake on a miles-long detour to the downwind side of the lake (where the ice will be shoved snuggly up against the shoreline.)

yeppers. There is usually bridges where the pressure ridges can be

It wreaks havoc on the shore too. It pushes sand into weird conditions. This past year it pushed the sand to give us a nice 18-24 inch high ridge all the way down the lakeshore

Attachments

• shore 8.JPG
    shore 8.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • shore 9.JPG
    shore 9.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
  • shore 12.JPG
    shore 12.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
Ice,
Thanks for the info, I only seen ice fishing in the movie the one with Jack Lemon and Walter Mattheu. When it get cold enough to freeze ice I like to go fishing in Florida.
Mike Lib

Ice,
Thanks for the info, I only seen ice fishing in the movie the one with Jack Lemon and Walter Mattheu. When it get cold enough to freeze ice I like to go fishing in Florida.
Mike Lib

Grumpy old Men and Grumpier Old men...both filmed in Minnesota :)

its actually pretty fun to be on the ice and fishing....its interesting when we took my cousin out there. She's from South Carolina.....so when the 1st thing we say is take off your seatbelt and roll down the window incase we fall through the lake she kinda freaked

The ice cracking is pretty interesting too :)

I'd say ingenious. Back around 1998 or so when I first got into DVB using a Pansat 100A, my ku dish looked somewhat similar. This was before horizon to horizon motors were available.

Attachments

• OldKuDish.jpg
    OldKuDish.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 109
its actually pretty fun to be on the ice and fishing....its interesting when we took my cousin out there. She's from South Carolina.....so when the 1st thing we say is take off your seatbelt and roll down the window incase we fall through the lake she kinda freaked

The ice cracking is pretty interesting too :)

your pretty american iceberg. up here they are shacks. and up here we can wear a hoody to aim a dish. haha. people south of me just cant handle that i dont wear a jacket even @ minus 40 C. i loved the "fishing house" label. how big do you build a shack down south. we only build em big enuff to fit a big fish, 3 people and alot of booze. if you fall thru here you tuff it out or die. its the rule.

crackt out,.

Since a frozen lake is about as level a platform as one could hope for I'd say those guys are on to something...

i loved the "fishing house" label. how big do you build a shack down south.

It depends on how many folks ya gonna house and what lake its on ;)
For Mille Lacs they make houses that are 8x40, 10x32 etc

Ours is 10x24

But the smaller lakes you dont build one that big ;)

Iceberg this is avery interesting thread on ice fishing, but down here in Southeast Louisiana thanks to BP we might start a new trend, we might even call it Oilfishing from a Pirouge.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)