INHD Changing Its Name To Mojo

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
http://www.tvpredictions.com/mojo042307.htm

The high-def network changes its name next week in a bid to secure more advertisers.

By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (April 23, 2007) -- INHD, the High-Definition TV network, will change its name to Mojo next week -- and it hopes that's not all that changes.

Network officials tell Media Week that they plan to accelerate efforts to persuade advertisers to produce their ads in high-def.

"When you're in an HD environment and it throws to a standard-def ad, it's a flashing neon sign that says, 'What you're about to see is of lesser value than what preceded it,'" says Amy Carney, executive vice president of Sony Pictures Television which is handling ad sales for INHD.

INHD, which launched in 2003, will officially change its name to Mojo on May 1. Targeted to young males, the channel will feature music, sports and reality programming.

Shortly after the name change, Mojo will debut three new reality shows: The Show, I Bet You and King of Miami, reports Media Week.

Carney says advertisers will generate more interest from high-def viewers with commercials that are broadcast in high-def.

"HD ads index higher because viewers feel the brand is actively reaching out to them when the production values match up with the programming," she told the publication.

David Asch, senior vice president of programming for INHD, says HD production costs have dropped over the last few years, which should generate more interest from advertisers.

Carney tells Media Week that INHD has increased advertising revenue by 40 percent since last June. Recent new advertisers include Lexus and Toshiba, both of which run commercials in HD.

asMojo.jpg

Don't break the mojo

Mojo has a Howard week in review show. I hope dish gets Mojo.

Did E* do a test uplink of INHD for a short time ?

Been seeing the Mojo demos run at COSTCO for the last couple of weeks. I couldn't remember which network it used to be.

See the new Voom ads too.

I've seen it in Costco too. They're plugging Comcast now and you can sign up there.

If you go to the Inhd.com website, it now says "Not available on satellite" on the lower right.

Been seeing the Mojo demos run at COSTCO for the last couple of weeks. I couldn't remember which network it used to be.

See the new Voom ads too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts