riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Article Source

September 12, 2006

DISH Network HD subscribers your provider is working overtime for you, I wish could say the same about mine. In as little as a few days’s/weeks from now you may find yourself with two new HD channels and another is said to be in the works.

Last week EchoStar (DISH) withdrew a complaint filed against In Demand Networks (INHD) claiming their fee structure “constituted an unfair practice”. The long running battle between DISH and INHD has apparently come to an end and with DISH already privately up-linking INHD to their satellites, it would appear as if INHD on DISH is inevitable.

This is just another in a long run of HD additions for DISH but they don’t stop there. The folks over at SatelliteGuy’s (see I didn’t say guys twice) also report that DISH has quietly up-linked, 15 HD Fox regional sports channels and could go live with them any day now.

One last bit of DISH HD news before I go; it appears as if all the movie lovers who have pleaded for CinemaxHD on DISH may soon get their wish. It’s hard to believe this channel fell through the HD cracks over at the DISH Network offices but according to SatelliteGuys “expect to hear some good news this fall”.

Back when I subscribed to VOOM, I remember constantly hearing about how slow DISH was adding new HD channels, what a turn around over there. If DISH can put the TiVo and Fox local’s headaches behind them, they may very well pull off one of the biggest corporate turnarounds in recent memory.

riffjim4069 said:
Article Source

September 12, 2006

DISH Network HD subscribers your provider is working overtime for you, I wish could say the same about mine. In as little as a few days’s/weeks from now you may find yourself with two new HD channels and another is said to be in the works.

Last week EchoStar (DISH) withdrew a complaint filed against In Demand Networks (INHD) claiming their fee structure “constituted an unfair practice”. The long running battle between DISH and INHD has apparently come to an end and with DISH already privately up-linking INHD to their satellites, it would appear as if INHD on DISH is inevitable.

This is just another in a long run of HD additions for DISH but they don’t stop there. The folks over at SatelliteGuy’s (see I didn’t say guys twice) also report that DISH has quietly up-linked, 15 HD Fox regional sports channels and could go live with them any day now.

One last bit of DISH HD news before I go; it appears as if all the movie lovers who have pleaded for CinemaxHD on DISH may soon get their wish. It’s hard to believe this channel fell through the HD cracks over at the DISH Network offices but according to SatelliteGuys “expect to hear some good news this fall”.

Back when I subscribed to VOOM, I remember constantly hearing about how slow DISH was adding new HD channels, what a turn around over there. If DISH can put the TiVo and Fox local’s headaches behind them, they may very well pull off one of the biggest corporate turnarounds in recent memory.

GREAT JOB with the info RIFFJIM!! Excellent news to start the day!! I AM VERY much looking forward to Marlins games in HD AND the InDemand Network programming as well!! Thanks!!

HokieEngineer said:
Rumor has it that INHD will also be a full res HD channel (1920x1080i) :hungry:

Yes, and if they keep it at the current bitrate that was shown here a few weeks ago, it'll look like sh*t just as Food HD does off of 61.5 - no matter what res it's at.

FoodHD looks really good never had any issues with it but I'm not getting it off the 61.5 either.. Just remember folks just because something looks bad on "your tv" or "your setup" does not mean there is something wrong on Dish's end! Sometimes it is an issue with Dish but sometimes it’s on "your end". Some channels will look better on some TV's than others do. If your haveing issues make sure you put in what brand and model of tv you have because that will make a diffrence..

Poke said:
FoodHD looks really good never had any issues with it but I'm not getting it off the 61.5 either.. Just remember folks just because something looks bad on "your tv" or "your setup" does not mean there is something wrong on Dish's end! Sometimes it is an issue with Dish but sometimes it’s on "your end". Some channels will look better on some TV's than others do. If your haveing issues make sure you put in what brand and model of tv you have because that will make a diffrence..

FOOD HD had a bitrate of around 10mbps last time I saw, off of 129..

This channel is beyond hideous at that bitrate..Thats with a 50" SXRD, a 34" Direct View CRT, a 55" Mits CRT, um what other TVs have I seen it on? :D Plenty... It cant look good at that bitrate, that would be impossible..

Im not trying to say DISH is at fault though, because I dont personally believe they are..I dont see any reason why they would be sending that channel out at 10mbps unless thats how they were receiving it..Theres only one other channel on FOOD HD'S current transponder (INHD)..So theres no reason for the 10 mbps bitrate.I beieve that is what FOOD HD is sending them, or close to it..

All Im saying is theres no way that can be viewed as a good looking quality HD channel..Thats impossible..It can only look good to someone that dosent know what good is...That is a hideous HD channel...

That's a great article, but not exactly breaking news since we're already here where it broke. I joined and paid to support two sites when I first got my Dish install in May and it hasn't taken me long to find myself visiting SatelliteGuys much more often. This is THE place to come for the best information.:up

salsadancer7 said:
GREAT JOB with the info RIFFJIM!! Excellent news to start the day!! I AM VERY much looking forward to Marlins games in HD AND the InDemand Network programming as well!! Thanks!!

Does INHD have more than one channel in HD?:hungry:

Biggest corporate turnaround in history? I'm not a business historian, but I'd bet there are greater turnarounds than this.

Heck, Dish was never that bad as far as HD was concerned. Sure Voom had its time in the sun, but look where it got them. Dish has always been on par or slightly ahead of D* and most Cable providers.

Isn't this kinda circular excitement? An endless loop?

SatGuys broke the news a week or two ago...and then an article citing that SatGuys said something getting you excited all over again? Didn't I read that just because something has been uplinked doesn't mean that it will actually become available...and if it does...that there is no time from as to when it will become available? Did I miss the post that said "INHD will be available this fall" or "HD RSNs are coming in October"?

I just don't want to get excited all over again and find that it won't be available for another 6 months.

If they keep adding HD channels, they REALLY need to give us more hard drive space on the 622. With a few movies and concerts I'm keeping for good, If I'm away or otherwise can't watch my temporary recordings for a few days, I'm hosed.

The other thing they need is MHD. If I remember rightly, they said something about negotiating with Viacom for it in their answer to the guy who asked about Logo.

guffy1 said:
All Im saying is theres no way that can be viewed as a good looking quality HD channel..Thats impossible..It can only look good to someone that dosent know what good is...That is a hideous HD channel...

No wonder why the fast pans on this channel and HGHD pixelate a lot. I guess they are ok with static and low camera movements but when the camera swings dang those blocks show up.

Jim S. said:
If they keep adding HD channels, they REALLY need to give us more hard drive space on the 622. With a few movies and concerts I'm keeping for good, If I'm away or otherwise can't watch my temporary recordings for a few days, I'm hosed.

The other thing they need is MHD. If I remember rightly, they said something about negotiating with Viacom for it in their answer to the guy who asked about Logo.

Well if Dish uses the USB input on all the new MEPEG 4 receivers this would let you hook up a external hard drive.. That way Drive space would no longer be a issue heck external dirves right now are up to 400GB.. Some are higher than that.. :)

guffy1 said:
FOOD HD had a bitrate of around 10mbps last time I saw, off of 129..

This channel is beyond hideous at that bitrate..Thats with a 50" SXRD, a 34" Direct View CRT, a 55" Mits CRT, um what other TVs have I seen it on? :D Plenty... It cant look good at that bitrate, that would be impossible..

Im not trying to say DISH is at fault though, because I dont personally believe they are..I dont see any reason why they would be sending that channel out at 10mbps unless thats how they were receiving it..Theres only one other channel on FOOD HD'S current transponder (INHD)..So theres no reason for the 10 mbps bitrate.I beieve that is what FOOD HD is sending them, or close to it..

Food HD looks quite good on my 34" SONY CRT. NBC NFL on the other hand... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts