Inserted Ads on DVR playback?

It's called dynamic ad insertion and it is done by every major distributor in the US.

I am familiar what dynamic ad insertion. This is different. It happened last night on playback of The Expanse while it was still recording. I am thinking Dish has started doing something new with U511, and I am not a fan of how it works. It is like they are assuming we aren't going to FF/Skip commercials, or perhaps the code they use to detect the point at which the inserted ad should play has a bug which causes it to play over content instead of other ads.

I am familiar what dynamic ad insertion. This is different. It happened last night on playback of The Expanse while it was still recording. I am thinking Dish has started doing something new with U511, and I am not a fan of how it works. It is like they are assuming we aren't going to FF/Skip commercials, or perhaps the code they use to detect the point at which the inserted ad should play has a bug which causes it to play over content instead of other ads.
Ah, OK. That is interesting. I'm going to have to watch out for that as I have not seen it yet.

They simply can broadcast two things at once and chose which one you see live and which one will record on disk. Wicked.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think this is how it works with Dish. I think that the ad is "broadcast" prior to the live stream (recorded to your hard drive the night before or such), and then substituted while you are watching. The substitution is not recorded with the live stream you are recording, so it's not there when you rewind.
The 722Ks that I had did the commercial insertion too. They certainly didn't have enough tuners for the extra commercial to have been streamed live each time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts