Inside the 905 4dtv Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
Looking for info on the video processor and audio chip inside the 905 box.

1.Does the video chip have rgbs out, and if so what is it pinout.
2.Is it possible to pass the digital audio signal out,if so what is it pinout.

The reason I would like the rgbs out is because I have a transcoder rgbs to component.And I would love to see the true quality of 4dtv master feeds,other than seeing them through the composite video(yellow)cable.:up

Nextcom Wireless has figured out how to extract the transport streams from 4DTV units, including this one, and sending them out over USB to a PC. You can then record/play these streams through PC codecs and/or STB players. This is as good as it gets because this is exactly the digital data that came out of the encoder. The device is called a R5000 and it is a bit pricey. If you install it yourself you can save about $100, but that isn't for babies.

There's another outfit that hooks up to some receivers to get out the transport stream.
Judging from their web page, they aren't too successful.
I mention 169time so you can see what they offer.
I've never used nor extensively studied either product, as both seemed pretty expensive.

thanks for the info guys, but I think it would be cheaper if I could find a pinout of the video chip and solder 4 or 5 wires myself.

thanks for the info guys, but I think it would be cheaper if I could find a pinout of the video chip and solder 4 or 5 wires myself.

I think your only choice is to get out a scope and start probing. The 4DTV units apparently had different sets of chips, even for the same model. No documentation of any use for any of them was ever published in the open to my knowledge. The best I found were some high level diagrams. I had to track down the transport stream pins in my 920 for my R5000 because Nextcom had not run into that chipset before, but it just took a little time. But I wouldn't put your hopes up too high that what you're looking for is even there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)