Instalation Lead time.

Scott P

Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
Ordered Dish Network on Tuesday, 08/15. Install date the system gave the csr was 08/30. Equipment ordered was a 625 and a 622. Asked for earlier install date. CSR says none available and 15 days out is normal. My question, Is this normal?
P.S. I live 35 miles from Boston, 25 miles from Providence, RI and 45 miles from Hartford CT.

Well, I live in an area that is much smaller than Boston, Provdence, etc. and my install date was 3-5 days from when I called. So if you multiply that number of days by how much bigger your area is, I guess 15 days wait is not out of the question.

Also, our installer told us that the company schedules him for too many installs a day, so he always gets behind. But hang in there, DISH is a good service.

sorry was this new customer install? you get high priority! but if its an upgrade you may be looking at a week to two weeks out. detroit mi has the dish1000+ in stock but no dpp44 switches. how do i know? thats were i found the dish1000+ they sent me out here in cailf. i talked to them on the phone. orders are for new customers and then upgrades. they are expecting more switches soon.

Scott,

The problem may be equipment (lack of) related. I just subscribed today and have to wait until 8/28 for the install due to a lack of HD receivers. I live in Mendon, MA which may be somewhere near you.

My new install date was 5 days after calling in Atlanta. And they came on a Sunday. That beats Comcast's time to come out and do a repair. My Comcast receivers are still sitting here to be picked up.

Now, the Dish install took 6 hours!!! A second installer showed up about 4 hours into the fiasco. Everything works as it is supposed to by the time they left, but come on!!!

Dave nye said:
It all depends on your area. I have done installs for people that called at 9:00 Pm and we were out doing the install at 8:00 am the next day.
Oh yeah? Oh, yeah! Well I've taken a call at 11:00 PM, arrived at midnight, and had the job done by 2:00 AM.

At the start of DirecTV's second year of carrying the NFL Season ticket, I did three installations between sunset on Saturday and game time on the first Sunday. I still can't figure out why I'm not rich.:(

one thing i have found is you must baby sit every one. you must call back multible times to make shuire everything is correct. and then keep calling untill its done and done right! even if they tell you 2wks call back in a week.

Scott P said:
Ordered Dish Network on Tuesday, 08/15. Install date the system gave the csr was 08/30. Equipment ordered was a 625 and a 622. Asked for earlier install date. CSR says none available and 15 days out is normal. My question, Is this normal?
P.S. I live 35 miles from Boston, 25 miles from Providence, RI and 45 miles from Hartford CT.
They simply look at the install calendar and give you the earliest date available....If that is not convenient, they ask what day is ..They will give you that day as long as it is after the earliest date available..
The orderof priority is New Connects, rouble calls, service changes(Five Star, first, Rising Star second) then dish movers..Keep in mind this is to the best of my knowledge..The owner of our company and our install mgr went to the hub office for a meeting last week......This info was given to them...
Also, our dispatch hub is considering two hour times frames....8-10, 10-12, etc.....instead of AM or PM....That would really suck..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts