Install Directv Now? Or, should I wait until I return to New Mexico?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talljaf

Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
United States
My account is currently suspended and my receiver is at my Illinois address.

Since mid-September I have been living in New Mexico. My landlord would not let me have a satellite dish. So, at the moment I have Comcast. I am not happy with Comcast. I think I can convince my landlord to let me have DIRECTV. (I know legally he cannot stop me from have DIRECTV. But, I do not want to have it installed unless I have his approval.)

I plan to return to my Illinois home mid-May of this year and I will return to New Mexico at the end of June 2013. The next few years I will spend time in New Mexico and Illinois.

I know if I have Directv installed now I will not qualify for the Dish Mover Plan because I did not bring the receiver to New Mexico

If I have Directv installed now would I be considered a new customer? One who qualifies for the new costumer discounts – including one year free Sunday Ticket?

Will I be charges for having two receivers – the new one in New Mexico and the old one in Illinois?

Would it make economic sense to bring the receiver I have in Illinois back to New Mexico and then have Directv installed so that I would qualify for the Dish Mover Plan?

If your account is suspended then you will not qualify as a new customer since you currently have service but just suspended it. So you will not get the new customer benefits

If you get a 2nd dish installed you can move the receiver back and forth. Just change your address when you move so you get the correct cities locals

In addition to what has been correctly stated............I would suggest that, as your moving cycle changes you look for an address that will allow Directv...move out and when you move back arriove at a new address with Directv ok.

The new customer thing is more difficult ( technical ). You don't say but do you travel with a significant other who does not now have an Directv account? that person could open a new account and get all the one time (sorta) benefits of a new customer. Eventually you will have to pay for programming but may be able to arrange things so either you just turn off the boxes at one address and call to have them turned on at another OR...pack the receivers and connect them to a dish at home #2.

For sure, if this applies.....pack the TVs AND receivers LAST so they come off the truck first. Get them into the building first so the installer can do any needed things...or, you can just make the connections. Know that there is nothing like DISCO MUSIC to keep movers moving!

Joe

If you get a 2nd dish installed you can move the receiver back and forth. Just change your address when you move so you get the correct cities locals

Thanks - that is what I will do.

If my New Mexico landlord let me install a dish I will have a friend mail my receiver. Once I get the receiver I can get the Dish Mover benefits. When I go back to Illinois for a couple of months I will bring the receiver with me and let Directv know I am back in Illinois

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts