Install help needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

inspectorwally

Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
I am installing (13) hr23 HD receivers in a rack. Can I program the remotes to operate their respective receivers independantly so they dont interfer with each other.:confused:

I Thhhhink your going to need to "program" the RF remotes to gain seperation perhaps someone more knowlegeable than I can chime in,but if it were me I'd invest in a roll of electrical tape to block the remote eyes and then just peel back the one you want to change

I Thhhhink your going to need to "program" the RF remotes to gain seperation perhaps someone more knowlegeable than I can chime in,but if it were me I'd invest in a roll of electrical tape to block the remote eyes and then just peel back the one you want to change

I hope your kidding.

I am installing (13) hr23 HD receivers in a rack. Can I program the remotes to operate their respective receivers independantly so they dont interfer with each other.:confused:

Yes, there is a way to do this, but I don't remember the exact things needed to do, I know it has something to do with adding the recvr ID to the remote but I haven't done that in a long time.

Hello Edmond, Calling Edmond :)

This is the guy you want to talk to, he's the remote GURU !
Others may be able to help as well, but Edmond is the master remote guy.

we've been using a product by Universal remotes for just this issue its the MX-850 with an MRF300 ir router. Multi remotes were a problem for our customers in the past

Go to system setup, select the remote setup, and select advanced settings. Both IR and RF support frequency allocation so you can set up a remote for a specific receiver. I just don't remember how many variations there are.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)