Install Help Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alto101

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 15, 2005
Louisville, KY
**I posted this on another forum but thought that maybe it would get more repsonses here. Sorry for the double post**

I am scheduled for installation this Friday from 12-5. We are supposed to get rain all day tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. I just called Dish to see if there was anyway to get installed today/tonight since I am sure that they will have to cancel on Friday unless they like to work in a thunderstorm. I spoke with a CSR who wasn't too helpful and said his computer showed no open times for the installers.
I was hoping to contact the installer directly and see if he could somehow fit me in this evening. The CSR wouldn't give me the installer's contact info, only that it is one of their installers.

Is there any different phone number I can call to speak with someone at Dish who would be more helpful? Maybe the installer in my area has a cancellation today or will finish up a job sooner and have time to do my install.

Any other options? I hate to wait at home on Friday only to get a call saying that they will be unable to come out due to the weather and that I will have to reschedule for next week. I have a 942 just itching to be set up.

the CSRs are not permitted to give out names and numbers of their techs. call back into the CC and ask them for your areas local number. they can give you that at which point you could call the local office and find out if there has been in cancels

Dish Dude said:
the CSRs are not permitted to give out names and numbers of their techs. call back into the CC and ask them for your areas local number. they can give you that at which point you could call the local office and find out if there has been in cancels

Thanks for the reply. Just one question, is CC short for Customer Care?

Well I called the call center and spoke with a different CSR who again stated that there is no way for me to contact anyone besides them about my install. No way to get on a wait list for cancellations since all information is processed through one system, not locally. The installer would call me prior to my installation and that would be the only way I can get their info.

The CSR also said that their installers work in the rain and even in thunderstorms. I have a hard time believing that they work in thunderstorms and based on the weather forecast that is what will be happening around my area on Friday.

As a current Voomer, I have to say that that at least Voom provided you with the contact info for your installer ahead of time so you could verify that they have you scheduled and have your equipment.

I guess that I will just have to wait and see what happens Friday. The weather forecast has been wrong before :p

Alto101 said:
I live near Louisville, KY zip code 47150

look up Satellite express :) they handle most of the area... if they dont have yours they will tell you who to call.

They are out of Lexington.

Just Fyi on them if they are yours its a roll of the dice on if they will give you a good install... mine was great but the guy across the street's sucked major...

Edit: (859) 238-7873

We're just like the Postman....

Hi,

Many, many yrs Installing/Subcontracting and I've only rescheduled Installs due to snow. Rain, never.

Help your installer out a bit and put a towel down next to the entranceway where he can drop his shoes without worrying about messing your floor up.

If you want the install rescheduled.... YOU call dish directly and set up a new Installation day. Please do not wait until Friday morning to reschedule....

Installation companies get penalized from Dish Network for reschedules, modifications of an existing order, etc. (if done by the technician) I can almost guarantee.... if the Install is being done from a subcontracting company.... it will go in on Friday!

Enjoy your new System ! Dish Rocks !

donnie

all installs that are ordered directly from dish network must be dealt with by a dish network rep, so you do have to contact the 1-800 number for help. if a earlier day does become avalible, the csr will see it when he accesses the local offices schedule on his computer. if you really have to be able to speak to the installers, you would be better off to deal with a local retail office in your area

Alto101 said:
The CSR also said that their installers work in the rain and even in thunderstorms. I have a hard time believing that they work in thunderstorms and based on the weather forecast that is what will be happening around my area on Friday.
On my last install they arrived an hour late at 6PM on Sunday (however they did telephone me shorty after 5PM telling me that they're on their way). It was already dark and snowing by then but they installed a new superdish, ran an extra coax and brought in a 170 lb monitor (34 in HD CRT). By 7PM I was watching HD for the first time. To my surprise they kept their word. I later found out that they travelled 90 miles for my install.

jergenf said:
On my last install they arrived an hour late at 6PM on Sunday (however they did telephone me shorty after 5PM telling me that they're on their way). It was already dark and snowing by then but they installed a new superdish, ran an extra coax and brought in a 170 lb monitor (34 in HD CRT). By 7PM I was watching HD for the first time. To my surprise they kept their word. I later found out that they travelled 90 miles for my install.

Wow!! Only an hour for a SD install? That is really good!! :) Then again, you did say "they", so it sounds like at least 2 individuals were involved in your install.

csrs can not contact the dishnetwork hub office for an e.t.a. if your install is scheduled for 8-12 or 12-5 the only at 5mins before the time frame will calling the csc help. also there is no waiting list to be put on if you want an earlier install. they will call you if they can go out sooner than expected. the most a csr can do is send an email to the rsp or dnsc doing the install.

friendlyadvice said:
csrs can not contact the dishnetwork hub office for an e.t.a. if your install is scheduled for 8-12 or 12-5 the only at 5mins before the time frame will calling the csc help. also there is no waiting list to be put on if you want an earlier install. they will call you if they can go out sooner than expected. the most a csr can do is send an email to the rsp or dnsc doing the install.
Yet another reason to use your friendly neighborhood local retailer.

You know - the one with a local phone number, and the person answering the phone might actually know where you are!

In our case, we often either know the house, know their next-door neighbor, owner's kid is friends with theirs, etc.

SimpleSimon said:
Yet another reason to use your friendly neighborhood local retailer.

You know - the one with a local phone number, and the person answering the phone might actually know where you are!

In our case, we often either know the house, know their next-door neighbor, owner's kid is friends with theirs, etc.[/QUOTe

I have seen the work of our local retailers. With the exception of one company, the workmanship was horrible. Just because someone is local does not always mean they care. I am glad you care, but you really should avoid lump sum sterotypes. You are not the only professional in this forum.

Just because someone is local does not always mean they care.
Quite right. There's always crapola out there. And I make a distinction between local fufillment outfits with no real retail store vs. REAL retailers. The point is, if you call them and they have references you know, it's not likely you're gonna have trouble.

You are not the only professional in this forum.
Quite right, but the other pros here will likely say the same thing. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)