Install help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

marcosyh

Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
hughes receiver

Hi everyone, I have a few questions..hope someone can provide me with some assistance. I am a newbie when it comes to FTA, I just bought my 1st new set of satellite package which itself should do well with FTA reception. however, I have an old direct tv dish and hughes receiver as well as an old generic dish and an even older generic receiver ...so I am trying to blend all of them together. 2 old dish and the upcoming new dish.
Does anyone know if hughes receiver can be set to receive FTA as well? what do I need to get in order to use all 3 dishes (2 old dish plus the one I just bought) and what do I need to get in order to make all 3 receivers (1 new pansat 3500s, a old hughes receiver from direct TV and a generic that I have no idea of its brand) to be able to play different programs at the same time...since they'll be installed in different rooms. Bottom line, I am trying to make all 3 dish to get as many satellites as possible while all receiver gets all the channels possible from all dishes. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Marcos

Split off review post.

marcosyh said:
Hi everyone, I have a few questions..hope someone can provide me with some assistance. I am a newbie when it comes to FTA, I just bought my 1st new set of satellite package which itself should do well with FTA reception. however, I have an old direct tv dish and hughes receiver as well as an old generic dish and an even older generic receiver ...so I am trying to blend all of them together.
The receivers are useless for FTA. You can use the dishes for the free audio on Dish & expressVu, but not much else.

Does anyone know if hughes receiver can be set to receive FTA as well?
nope...they won't work at all for FTA

what do I need to get in order to use all 3 dishes (2 old dish plus the one I just bought) and what do I need to get in order to make all 3 receivers (1 new pansat 3500s, a old hughes receiver from direct TV and a generic that I have no idea of its brand) to be able to play different programs at the same time...since they'll be installed in different rooms. Bottom line, I am trying to make all 3 dish to get as many satellites as possible while all receiver gets all the channels possible from all dishes. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
the receivers except for the Pansat won't get FTA. to combine the dishes, you need a Diseqc switch. This would allow you to combine 3 dishes to run to one receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)