install help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
:hatsoff: does anyone know the triple lbn dish settings for San Diego ca? (ie:az/el/skew) i called dtv they couldn't tell me. some customer care! thanks!

Well for one, I think the 3lnb dish has its limits wrt FTA, iirc, someone on here did an experiment to see if they could get FTA with a D* round dish, pretty much all they could get was alot of music channels I think.

I don't get why you would post it to the D* forum, or expect D* to tell you where FTA sats are, they support D* programming, not FTA, in this case, you would want the FTA forum, as for the aiming, the url below can get you started with aiming at a sat.

http://sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm

:( i am using my non active dtv receiver to see the dtv info channels and in the future i may reactivate it. also to see what i could get with my panasat. dtv couldn't tell me because they didn't know not because I'm not a active subscriber. my old rca doesn't show how to point can someone check there's to see what it says for 92027? that all i need so simple.:( i cant see why this has to be such a big deal!

hobojoe said:
:( i am using my non active dtv receiver to see the dtv info channels and in the future i may reactivate it. also to see what i could get with my panasat. dtv couldn't tell me because they didn't know not because I'm not a active subscriber. my old rca doesn't show how to point can someone check there's to see what it says for 92027? that all i need so simple.:( i cant see why this has to be such a big deal!

Ok, two things, one, in your OP, you never specified FTA, and, two, I gave you the url (in my first reply to you, this one: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/DishPointer.jsp) that has a place for you to type in your zip code and it would give you what you wanted, or did you want me to type in your zip on that page FOR you and post the results?

Last edited:
that link is for a single lbn not the triple and you need the skew/az/ and el! ididnt think i need to say what i was using it for i just asked for the pointing for the triple lbn!

hobojoe said:
that link is for a single lbn not the triple and you need the skew/az/ and el! ididnt think i need to say what i was using it for i just asked for the pointing for the triple lbn!

That is just it, normally you would use the receivers setup to get that info, but, you are NOT subscribed, that is NOT a normal situation, if you do not tell us what the situation is, we can't just know out of thin air, and you are going to get answers you are not looking for..also, the 'info' channels you want are all on the 101, the 119 and 110 don't have anything in that regard that I know of...anyways...

When you line up the 101 the rest should fall in, the skew should not normally have to be changed, unless the lnbs skew was setup for a totally different location (a far away zip), if that happened you can use to get an idea of the skew, since you are just testing, doing one at a time shouldn't matter to you:

http://emantechnology.com/lookangle.asp

Last edited:
:eureka OK i get it! 101 is the center lbn then skew it until you peak in the outside lbns. its just mind bogaling dtv doesn't have a pointing calculator for each type dish like dish network has. looks like i should set for 47.8 elevation/22.9 skew/139.1 azimuth. right? thanks for your help!

No problem, good luck, and if you are using your receiver as the signal meter, make sure to wait a few seconds between adjustments to allow time for the meter to lock in and give a reading.

And it's -22.9...;)

101 for 92027:
Your Elevation = 47.8DEG
Polarization Tilt = -22.9DEG
Your Azimuth = 139.1DEG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)