Install Nightmare

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deviousalways

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Here is a story for the Ages.... Called Directv last week to get HD Dvr got approved for DVR and 12 months of free HD to offset DVR cost. Install at no chargeGoing in my living room where I already have HD-21 and a R-15.

Install day comes and I have to work so I ask neighbor to watch Installer. He proceeds to take the cable from my R-15 and hook it up to HD DVR. Leaving my R-15 unhooked. I called Directv after seeing this and set up for him to come back out again at no charge.

Next install comes and he is baffled as to what I want and does not reconnect the R15. Call Bluegrass to get him to come back out and run cable. He comes back out and just hooks up the R15 to the lone cable behind my tv.

Call Bluegrass again to inform them that he did not finish his job. CSR tells me he will inform the installer and his Team Leader. Waiting for the call.

Get a call from Directv telling me that I will have to pay $99 install charge to get cable run. Also to inform me that on some date back in 2002 that I would no longer be able to get Credits from Directv. So they are reversing all the credits I have received since this conversation back in 2002.

I get home and check my account and see I have been charged for 2 install runs on the same day.

Directv has lost their mind and I am to a point where and I hate saying would consider leaving Directv.

Anyone with any insight into what action I can or should take greatly appreciated.

Let me clear this up....pretty upset as I was writing......What was suppose to happen was the H20 was to be changed out for the H21. The R15 should have never been touched. What he did instead was disconnect wires for the R15 and attach them to the H21 and the 5lnb on my roof.

As to them telling me they were reversing credits. During this whole ordeal I did not get nasty until Directv told me they were going to reverse credits.

And they billed me for 2 installs on the same day no less.

I believe that the CSR did not write up the install correct.

Directv says that in 2002 I was told no more service credits

Sounded to me she put in an install order for replacing two receivers with one HR21, is that even logical? This is why I insist to be looking over the installer's shoulder. Can't take the chance.

Here is a story for the Ages.... Called Directv last week to get HD Dvr got approved for DVR and 12 months of free HD to offset DVR cost. Install at no chargeGoing in my living room where I already have HD-21 and a R-15.

Install day comes and I have to work so I ask neighbor to watch Installer. He proceeds to take the cable from my R-15 and hook it up to HD DVR. Leaving my R-15 unhooked. I called Directv after seeing this and set up for him to come back out again at no charge.

Next install comes and he is baffled as to what I want and does not reconnect the R15. Call Bluegrass to get him to come back out and run cable. He comes back out and just hooks up the R15 to the lone cable behind my tv.

Call Bluegrass again to inform them that he did not finish his job. CSR tells me he will inform the installer and his Team Leader. Waiting for the call.

Get a call from Directv telling me that I will have to pay $99 install charge to get cable run. Also to inform me that on some date back in 2002 that I would no longer be able to get Credits from Directv. So they are reversing all the credits I have received since this conversation back in 2002.

I get home and check my account and see I have been charged for 2 install runs on the same day.

Directv has lost their mind and I am to a point where and I hate saying would consider leaving Directv.

Anyone with any insight into what action I can or should take greatly appreciated.

Wasn't an install nightmare. The workorder was for a swap. You should had been there to show him which one to swap out. the rest of that crap is not important to the upgrade. Next time you know to stay at home.

Let me clear this up....pretty upset as I was writing......What was suppose to happen was the H20 was to be changed out for the H21. The R15 should have never been touched. What he did instead was disconnect wires for the R15 and attach them to the H21 and the 5lnb on my roof.

As to them telling me they were reversing credits. During this whole ordeal I did not get nasty until Directv told me they were going to reverse credits.

And they billed me for 2 installs on the same day no less.

I believe that the CSR did not write up the install correct.

Directv says that in 2002 I was told no more service credits

No it was written correctly. You assumed they where going to replaced the H21.

Sounded to me she put in an install order for replacing two receivers with one HR21, is that even logical? This is why I insist to be looking over the installer's shoulder. Can't take the chance.

Nope. I see them all the time. An order for a Upgrade swap one IRD.
Swap is replacing the existing ird with a new one, than you leave. The neighbor came over. Showed the tech dvr, and said right there. The tech swap it out and left. Now instead of the OP putting the blame where it belongs they are passing it off one someone else like normal. Now was looking for free credits for not being clear to the neighbor, so the neighbor could be clear to tech.

Prime example why people should be home when this is done cause they NEVER ever get what they want otherwise!! And I would think that you have recieved credits before if they have cut you off on the credit deal!! Honestly I hope Directv starts this cutting off people who call in and get credits all the time!! And as stated in earlier post BE HOME NEXT TIME!!

Nope. I see them all the time. An order for a Upgrade swap one IRD.
Swap is replacing the existing ird with a new one, than you leave. The neighbor came over. Showed the tech dvr, and said right there. The tech swap it out and left. Now instead of the OP putting the blame where it belongs they are passing it off one someone else like normal. Now was looking for free credits for not being clear to the neighbor, so the neighbor could be clear to tech.

Yep, and running new cable is not necessarily part of a swap work order. If it is, it will say something like "Relocate", "DVR 2nd Line", or "New Outlet". Without one of those codes, the tech and install company don't get paid for running the additional cable.

Are my thoughts not coming out loud enough? Do what is supposed to be done! If you can't figure it out how do you expect me to figure it out? Stop complaining and get this truck out the gate! You say you are asking me questions but they sound like accusations. No more questions? No more mistakes!

What did I miss?

Joe

I've read both the first and second posts from this guy, and it seems to me like he wanted to swap out the H20 (standalone HD) for the HR21 HD-DVR. He wanted to have TWO DVRs on the same TV. I'm kinda baffled as to why, unless he was going to record only HD on the HR21.

Now, unless the work order showed "DVR SECOND LINE" on the work order, then the tech did nothing wrong. Chances are, though, the work order did show it, because EVERY swap/replace job involving a DVR I've ever seen had the 2nd line code listed, even if an existing DVR was getting swapped out.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts