install on the way

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
i have a D* install scheduled for 10/9, ordered through dishstore, great service

i specified a hr-24, h-24, and am21's for local since i only get distance networks atm

also asked for internet connection and whole home dvr

anything i need to know? sis i miss anything?

im wired for dish atm, so souldnt bee too hard
i will cancel dish once this is done

The only thing I can think of is to verify that you have line of sight to DirecTV's sats.
Dish's main sat points at 119. DirecTV's point at 101 with 99 & 103 being their HD sats.

Also, try to figure out where the coax lines should be run. (including one for your antenna).
From dish to common location and the common location to the rooms.
Note, that for WHDVR, you'd want to have a run to where your router or an ethernet switch is located.

it should work in same place as the dish one, according to the sat pointer

the current dish lines run to a location wher ethere is a ground block, the antenna also, then they go to the tvs from there.

im hoping it can all be re-used with maybe 1 run added for a diff room

also, it will be a pole mount, nothing on the house

it should work in same place as the dish one, according to the sat pointer

the current dish lines run to a location wher ethere is a ground block, the antenna also, then they go to the tvs from there.

im hoping it can all be re-used with maybe 1 run added for a diff room

also, it will be a pole mount, nothing on the house

You better make sure that you specified pole on the work order .... also pole mounts are considered custom charges unless they are needed for Line of Sight issues.

i called back to dishstore and had it added.
he said the dish pole could be re-used as they are the same size.

I'm not sure but I think the guy at dishstore is wrong. As far as I know, you can't use the same pole for a Directv dish and a Dish dish. The outside diameters are different. Directv is 2" OD and Dish is 1 5/8". Might want to double check, but I think I'm right on this one. Hope this helps.

i called back to dishstore and had it added.
he said the dish pole could be re-used as they are the same size.

Nope all Dish uses is a 1 5/8" pole unless you have one of the really old Superdishes. Direct uses a 2" pole for the KA/KU HD dish. So you will have to have the pole changed or "Modified" to a 2" pole.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)