Install Problem....

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
The guys working on my deck decided to move my temporary satellite setup for some f'd up reason. Anyhow....

I went to repoint the dish tonight. I start on the 119 (TP 10) and get a strong signal (100) so I switch to 110 (TP 12) and it stalls for a second then says I get about a 75 signal but i'm on the wrong satellite (129). So I try to start over just concentrating on the 110, and can't get a damn thing but 129.

Help me out....

FYI: Dish 500; DVR625

Do I need to do a "check switch" when i'm not locked on to any satellites. I just did one now and it shows port 1 being 129 and port 2 being 119. Both trans say OK. Both inputs are identical.

You shouldn't have to do a check switch.

Just use the "Point Dish" screen and select 110 for the sat. When its right, it will say Locked - EchoStar 110 West. When its wrong, it will give you something else.

To make it easier, put foil over the 119 LNBF, so that you can find just the 110 satellite using the correct LNBF. You should be able to find it without moving it more than about a 1/4 inch on the mast pipe (maybe less). Even though you may have peaked the elevation for the 119/129 locations, I believe you should still be able to pick up the 110/119 location without readjusting the elevation, but it will need to be re-peaked once you find the correct satellites.

EDIT: It may take the signal meter 8 - 10 seconds to recognize each movement of the dish, so be patient and allow time between each adjustment.

When you find both the 119 and 110 and have them peaked, then do a check switch.

Last edited:
check your dish settings for azumith/skew by entering your zip code in the check switch screen... make sure the 500 setup is selected... start to the right and move the dish slowly to left... when you hit the 119 sat.. get a good signal then do a check switch... you MUST do a check switch in order for the receiver to identify the 110 sat if you are getting good signal on the 119 you should be as well on the 110.....Check your skew......

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to try again tomorrow. When i'm looking directly at the dish, on which side is the 119 lnb?

If the weather cooperates today, i'll give it another shot. My plan is to cover up the 110 LNB with foil and get the 119 set. Hopefully after that it just falls into place.

At least I still get most channels....just not the ones on 110. Which are my locals and the extended program guide.

**UPDATE**

So i went out there today and gave it another shot. Covered up the 110 LNB with tinfoil so I could concentrate strictly on the 119. So after a little moving around, it goes green......but says 'wrong satellite - 110w'. At that point I was :mad: . So I fool around with it a little longer and finally get 119 to get about 100 signal. Nice. So I take off the tinfoil, check 110 TP11, it says 'wrong satellite - 119"...Now i'm :mad: and its getting dark. So I say 'F-it', i'll just live w/o my locals until this deck is done.

After cleaning up, I decide :eureka Lets try rebooting the receiver and maybe that'll fix it....like it does any other computer controlled device. I reboot and it gives me an error that says something is wrong with my switch configuration and the receiver won't work. I say OK. It goes through the normal process, checks the switch, and says everything is :up ......:eek: ....I look and sure as sh*t...it shows 119/110 both are set up right. I check the signals on the dish pointing screen....everything is :up ...

Everything seems to be fine. Strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)