Install Problems on my new hopper :-(

lilexecutioner

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
Chicago, IL
So my tech has been here for over 3 hours everything is great however we have gone through 2 hoppers and after activation we get the error 020 the smart card inserted is not authorized for this receiver. :-( i don't know what's gonna happen. Has anyone else had this problem?

the first error was fixed my doing factory reset and then the box went into install mode and downloaded the software and started working without a problem.

My Hopper also required a reset to factory settings before it would start up the install wizard and start downloading software. At first, we thought it was a bad box, and swapped out for a second unit. I suspect that the first unit would have ended up working after a factory reset.

My Hopper also required a reset to factory settings before it would start up the install wizard and start downloading software. At first, we thought it was a bad box, and swapped out for a second unit. I suspect that the first unit would have ended up working after a factory reset.

The installers should already know that if the error 015 screen comes up first then you need to reset to factory defaults. This was on the retailer chat yesterday morning and was also sent out to everyone. The info was also on the Dish portal.

I am an installer (1st time h/j) and had the same "smart card not authorized for this receiver" screen 4 times. After about 5 hours at this install, we were able to complete the job.
A couple things I noted for future techs:
- CSR said that doing the reset to factory defaults was correct, but you need to do a reset at the receiver to start the download.
- If something gets srewed up during the hopper install, there is no way to force an update. You either replace receiver or wait 1 hour for an update.
So far the h/j is way under thought out. The good things are install was easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)