Install Satellite over existing BH cable lines in house?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

halynch

Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
I currently have BH cable and would like to install satellite. Can I use existing cable lines that are ran to all 8 of my rooms in home? If so how?
I have 1 VS xtreme box and another FTA box to order. I have a Channel Plus 5445 4 channel modulator so at least 2 different channels can be watched at 1 time.

Thanks for any help you can assist with.
Maybe an installer that could be recommended.

There are a number of possible ways to configure for 8 rooms with 2 receivers and multiple modulators.
Sorta all depends on your goals.

If you wanted to put the FTA receivers near the dish or maybe where the original cable came in, and take the outputs of the receivers (or modulators) and feed the house wiring with those, then sure, that'd probably work without much trouble.

The problem comes when you want to run the signal from the LNB to your FTA receivers through that existing wiring.
You're just better off -not-
That's the easy answer.
If that is your goal, then I'd get a 100 foot roll of cable, get my receivers and everything up 'n running on my spare cable laying down the hall, and then once it worked, try to use wall wiring.
But, only at the very end of the project.

As for installers, if we knew where you were, maybe someone would know a person or company in your area.
Of course, if you're patient, reasonably handy, and want to learn, you can find out how to do it all right here on the forum.

I did use my existing cable in the house to setup 2 FTA systems , but they are independent of each other, I also used diplexers to combine my FTA with basic cable.

I really got lucky cause the cable was split to 2 rooms, my bedroom and to the living room , exactly where I wanted it .

Who knows maybe your cable is somewhat configured to your liking , take a look at how it is split up and then try to figure out the easiest way to adapt it to FTA .

Anole ...... just like the reference in your post ..... I did at first run a spool of cable to my STB and got everything setup before I played with the existing wiring.

Tampabay area is where I would need an installer.

Thank you for your other help. I'm new but need this figured out within the week b/c I will need to duplicate elsewhere, using existing cable lines throughout only 4 rooms but installing 2 Direct recievers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.