Install scheduled for Saturday . Slimline sl3s pole installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bababoey

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
My installation is scheduled for this Saturday. I know the dish will need to be mounted on a pole . When I had Dish network installed they installed the pole at no charge . Is it the same for Directv , I ordered service from their website and it didnt say anything about an extra charge that I could find . Thanks in advance for your help !!

tech told me duringmy install they were not allowed to cahrge for a pole with the new larger dishes
mine was a slimline 3

they say they are heavier and its better to put on a pole

but he also said it couldnt be wood, i have a 4x6, as it wont take the load
if a 4x6 buried and concrete 2.5' underground isnt considered sturdy enoug then i dont want it on my roof
heck i doubt that 2" conduit they use is as strong as what i had

Depends on the area and the tech I guess. In our area if you have a LOS from the roof, a pole is an extra charge of $75.

The reason wood is not to be used is it will warp under the weight. It's plenty strong to hold it, it just moves over time.

There is no LOS from my roof , it will have to be mounted on a pole ..

It depends.. I have LOS from anywhere from my house but didnt want it on my roof and the tech did a pole mount and never charged me for it.

Liquidforce88 said:
Depends on the area and the tech I guess. In our area if you have a LOS from the roof, a pole is an extra charge of $75.

The reason wood is not to be used is it will warp under the weight. It's plenty strong to hold it, it just moves over time.

Like he said. All depends on the tech. If there's Los on roof we charge 20. If Los is questionable on roof we charge nothing.

The only way I'd use wood is it has to be 4x4 or bigger and has to be supporting something like a porch or shed.

I wouldn't recommend wood just straight in the ground like LF88 said.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)