Newbie with some installations questions.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

alf311

Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
usa
Can someone please answer a couple of questions for me:

1) Are the Directv power pass splitters 20-2150 MSPLIT4R1-03 and 20-2015 MSPLIT4R0-03 interchangeable for a basic SWM installation?

2) Is Perfect Vision E232510 cable that DTv uses the only cable to use for SWM installations?

3) Any suggestions on where to buy the above equipment online?

Thanks in advance for any responses and suggestions.

You are going to want the swm splitters if you ever want to do mrv. Just about any decent rg6 will work unless you have cable runs longer than 200 feet, then you will want solid copper.

You are going to want the swm splitters if you ever want to do mrv. Just about any decent rg6 will work unless you have cable runs longer than 200 feet, then you will want solid copper.

Isn't solid copper required by Directv for hd installations?

Yep, solid copper core is required. Although copper clad steel will also work in most cases. (But I wouldn't use it) Especially with short runs. I bought a couple of 1000' spools of solid copper core RG6 from Home Depot for a decent price. Mono Price is another good source.

To the OP, Solid Signal is a good source for DirecTV equipment, make sure you get green labeled splitters.

Well certainly it is, because it is more expensive so thats what should be used. Like I said just about any decent RG-6 will work unless it is a long run, then you will want Solid Copper. I do 15-20 HD installs a week, most of those are prewired homes. How many of those do you think have Solid Copper wire in them? I will tell you 0%.

Yes all I carry is Solid Copper cable, because that is what Direct wants. But I am not drilling holes all over peoples houses either. The Copper Clad will work fine 99% of the time.

If your gonna want MRV then you will need a GREEN label swm splitter. As he said any RG6 will work. I've installed it will pre existing RG59 and it worked fine with no problems(wouldn't recommend it)

DSI Systems out of Kennesaw, GA is my choice but the others listed above are fine as well

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts