install setup wizard, how do i bypass it?

nigel_miguel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
I have a VIP222K that i can not bypass the install setup wizard. I'm not hooking up my internet or phone line. Now i can't get to the menu or anything.

I entered the setup wizard and now i can't get out.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

So how do i get this unit up and running:
1.call dishnet or
2. hook up the phone.

I can't do it myself?

I believe the * button on the remote should take you out of the Setup Wizard. However if you are on the activation part, you would need a phone line connected, or to contact dish to get it activated

If you haven't had this taken care of, feel free to send one of us DIRT members a PM and we'll get you up and running.

I believe the * button on the remote should take you out of the Setup Wizard. However if you are on the activation part, you would need a phone line connected, or to contact dish to get it activated

If you haven't had this taken care of, feel free to send one of us DIRT members a PM and we'll get you up and running.

What is dirt

After so many reading got to this pages Sorry I don't want stealing nigel's post. I got the same similar problem yes we Speedy said pressed the * button on the got out but we I can totaly get out of the Wizard to get into the SYSTEM SETUP to set the Satellite signals without activation, Reason is I replaced the LNB's now need to do some Satellite set up but no go,,,,no matter how Pressing the Menu Button not getting the SYSTEM SETUP screen ,,,,even the Hard reboot not helping,, The Set up wizard startup getting to the Step 6 To call Dish to be Activated,,,I can't do this no set the LNB feeds >
Thanks

Try **menu
Thanks,
Pressed * got into the screen which show ( dish STB Health Live ) Status not Detected Int. or Phone I not connected which is ok. Next the Status for Signal Data or confirm code all are of.
Only the Satellite 110 and 119 on the screen ( well the LNB"S are not connected yet bad weather cold an snow! ( but still the satellite 129 missing on it )
no matter after we you suggested press twice the ** and menu but not popping up the SYSTEM SETUP screen ??

Thanks,
Pressed * got into the screen which show ( dish STB Health Live ) Status not Detected Int. or Phone I not connected which is ok. Next the Status for Signal Data or confirm code all are of.
Only the Satellite 110 and 119 on the screen ( well the LNB"S are not connected yet bad weather cold an snow! ( but still the satellite 129 missing on it )
no matter after we you suggested press twice the ** and menu but not popping up the SYSTEM SETUP screen ??
filestream.ashx

Can't getting this screen popping out ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)