Install Slimline w Acutrac III

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ryker

Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
california
Can someone explain how to use the Ka-hi and Ka-low readings on the Acutrac III pro, or, more importantly how to use the meter to properly align my Slimline?

Acutrac III's instructions provided are silent on how to use it to align a dish. The Slimline's instructions don't refer to the Accutrac.

I peaked the Ku of the 101 West (13v 0khz) and then the Ku of the 119 W (13v 22khz). When I come down & check my HR20. the setup screen displays a matrix of 12 odd and even satellites. It shows failure (an "X" mark ) on 103 odd and 103 even and a blank (neither "X" nor check mark on the 110 odd. All other 7 spaces are check marks.

Don't know what else to do!

Once you have 101 peaked using rough azimuth and elevation adjustments (by hand), adjust skew to get 119 then lock it. You can check at this point on the receiver if indeed you are locked on those two satellites as the Acutrac III does not actually confirm which satellite it is getting signal from.

Now go back to the first screen on the meter and adjust the black dials (with the appropriate locking bolts loosened) until you peak the Ku signal. Thats it.

Great.. I did exactly as you mentioned and used the S setting that makes the meter more sensitive. This made all teh difference. Got the all working, Thanks Peano!

Good stuff! Its actually a great meter and will work for Dishnet too in multi-mode. Glad I could help.

If you're going to be doing this again, you might want to pick up an ASL-1 antenna pointing tool ($23). It works for precise alignment of the new DTV KA/KU SWM ODU dishes with meters far cheaper and more basic than an Accutrac. Think solidsignal dot com has 'em. Search for stock # ASL-1

The thing looks a bit like a 4-way splitter and does require 18v, but it splits out the 101 and 119 to separate ports so you can set AZ/EL on 101 and SKEW on 119 separately with a dime store squawker. Get your 18V from the coax going down to the receiver.

Everybody needs one of these :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)